Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This morning we upgraded our entire backend structure with upgraded software.

PLEASE NOTE THE SYSTEM HAS NOT BEEN OPTIMIZED FOR SPEED YET.

Before we can do this we must let the system run so that we can gain stats needed to properly speed up the system. Please do not report speed issues at this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Ok let me know about speed now. I have been doing some tweeks now and have got http://www.satelliteguys.us/index.php loading MUCH faster.

Before it was loading from 3 - 20 second to generate that page. Now it is doing it in under a half a second. :)

With that said we are currently running the server "UN-TWEEKED" for speed settings, these are just raw config files. So when we do tweek it it should even go faster (if its even possible) :D

Speed seems good. But I note that sometimes I'll click on a recent thread that has a new posting I haven't seen, and it'll send me to Post #1 with no "view first unread." But if I go to the end, I can see one or more posts that I haven't read.

Thanks for the report, I will look into it. :)

It could be something I did with vbSEO, as I thought vbSEO was causing our speed issue (it wasn't) :)

So I can turn back on some of the stuff I turned off in there as a test.

Without really optimizing the speed with the new software, I am very happy with the performance bump. :)

Well folks...

I have been working on this now since a little after 6:30am this morning and now its close to 6PM at night.

Time for me to step away from the PC for awhile. :)

I am VERY happy with our progress today. I cant wait til the vBulletin guys can take our server stats and data and help us fine tune the server even more.

Thanks for your support and patience guys and gals. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)