Service Call

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Nitehawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
California
I've been having problems with signal strength for the last several weeks.So I called dish and asked them to come out and take a look.They told me it would be a 100 bucks for a service call.I couldn't believe it.Where do they get off for charging that much?I like the service and want to continue it.But there is no way I'm paying 100 for them to come out.Does anyone know of any way around that?

Nitehawk

The simplest diagnostic is to nudge your dish around while everything is still firmly tightened. Have someone watch the signal strength screen or use phones to listen to the signal tones while outside.

Home protection plan for $29.95 a month? It's something like $5 or $6 per month and service calls are $30 under the plan.

I tried shaking the dish around no difference.I have an old pine tree that is starting to grow over the top of the dish.It's up a little ways but I think that's the problem.Next call will be to get it trimmed back are removed.I still think the 100 bucks is ridiculous for a service call.Hopefully taking care of the tree problem will improve it.

Nitehawk

Trees can definitely be a problem. The satellite signals do not come directly perpendicular to the dish. Looking from the side, the signal bounces off the dish 22 degrees above where it looks like it's pointing.

I did not mean for you to shake the dish. Just push it gently to the sides and hold for a few seconds.

webbydude said:
Sign up for the home protection plan. It's $29.95/month. After the service call is completed, then cancel the plan. Easy enough

Get your info right before you start posting. Posting wildly inaccurate information does absolutely no good; it just complicates the issue.

The protection plan is NOT $29.95/month. It is $5.99/month and, under the plan, a service call is $29.

Nitehawk, if you want more information on the protection plan, you can read about it here.

I know customers complain about the price of a service call, but they do have to pay the tech to come out there. I look at it this way....If they were to start charging less for the service call, they would have to go up on rates for everybody.

They do offer those alternatives for warranties, D* does the same, for those who cannot service their own equipment.

There are a few DHP customers, a program which no longer exists, who do get free service calls, but they have to pay an extra fee per month.

chaddux said:
Get your info right before you start posting. Posting wildly inaccurate information does absolutely no good; it just complicates the issue.

The protection plan is NOT $29.95/month. It is $5.99/month and, under the plan, a service call is $29.

Nitehawk, if you want more information on the protection plan, you can read about it here.

I wouldn't say it's wildly inaccurate. Net amount would be $5.99 more than what I quoted. At any rate, I do apologize if it created any situation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts