Service Charge for installing add'l receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

janedo1586

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
SE Nebraska
At some point before the analog OTA signal goes away, I will have to have an installer come out and hook up my kitchen TV to an extra receiver I have. Does anyone know what the charge will be to do this? No complicated cable runs or anything. I'm assuming they will just follow the line from the rooftop antenna...or maybe they could just use that line, unhooking it from the antenna and hooking it to the dish?

only if it is RG6 cable. and even then he/she probually wont want to use it. Just hook it up yourself with the line and see how it works.

Hooking it up myself would mean getting on a steep roof...something I can't do. Might get the ex to give it a try. Probably easier to just have the local installer come out and do it...hence the question about the charge.

most places around here charge anywhere from 50-70 for a service call fee. And most will do a "basic" wire run for that price... not going to include wire fishing in that price. Expect to pay more, if they are even willing to do it, for wall fishing.

Thanks, Jared. There would be no wall fishing involved. The current cable from the antenna (which is RG6) runs along the outside of the house tucked up in the siding and in through an exterior wall behind the fridge, so I'm assuming the installer could just unhook that cable at the source and connect it to the satellite. I was hoping it wouldn't be more than $100. Thanks for the info.

O, sounds easy enough... I would just call a local retailer... tell them exactly what you are wanting to do, and they should be able to tell you exactly how much they would charge.

The only problem you MAY have, is if you have an open port on the dish to connect it to...

How many receivers do you have now? Do you happen to know what type of lnb is on the dish now?

I just called Dish last week to get an additional reciever installed in my kids room, they told me since I have Dish Home Protection it would only be $28.00

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts