Service charge

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blueridge66

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Northern AZ
Recently I discovered my H20 receiver didn't have a signal on the HDMI output. All others did, in fact, I had the set connected via the component output but because of some newer equipment wanted to use the HDMI to reduce cabling.
I don't have the monthly service plan. After reading the customer agreement it appeared the receiver would be covered so I called D*. The CSR said they would send out a tech and there would be no charge. They did and the H20 was replaced with a H21 (another story!) Problem fixed.
On this month's bill is a $49.95 service call charge which I didn't anticipate based on my reading of the terms and the CSR's statement.
Have others been charged for a service call on their leased receiver?

The silver lining is a call to D* they will credit my account the next 6 months with the HD access fee to offset the service charge. However not sure why I was charged at all.

Most times they just charge shipping. But I had a similar problem as you, MY H20 quit working and I didn't have the service plan, and all D* would do is sell me a remaned unit for $85 Or I could lease a new one for $99 with a commitment. But other times I've only paid $19.95 with a commitment. I also paid $80 once for a service call for someone to look at my slow HR20 and have them tell me that was normal. So my advise Get the Service plan.

From D* FAQs:
"The equipment leasing fee is for your receiver only. Leasing the receiver allows us to provide the latest equipment with minimal upfront cost, affordable upgrade options, and if the receiver fails we will replace it at no charge. The protection plan is also a great option to cover equipment other than the receiver. With the protection plan you will have access to service calls from a trained technician if we can't fix the problem over the phone, dish alignments, replacement of defective remotes and other components such as cables, multi-switches, or splitters, as well as free technical troubleshooting 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week."

A service plan would cover problems other than the receiver but it was my receiver with the problems.
Any case all's well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)