Service data downloads.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cueman98

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Cocoa, Florida
I have had a D*tivo since march. everything has been fine until a couple of days ago, when I noticed that the box would keep trying to download service data over night. When I check the "sysem Information" it says the last "successful" was early on April 28, today is May 3rd. I stayed up to watch what goes on, and the download channel says the download is 100%, but ayter a short period the sysem just keeps attempting to download more data. In system information it says the last download attempt "finished" not "completed". this is a recent accurence and does not happen during the daytime, I cam record programs fine on both tuners during the day and evening, and I am receiving channel guides and showcase downloads fine(as far as I can tell). My concern is: 1. Is this something I should be concerned about. 2. will I be able to record shows over night on both tuners if i need to.

I got the same thing recently, on the R10 receiver. Was wondering what that was all about myself.

I am getting same info on both my R10 and HD Tivo. My *guess* is that something is being done with the 6.x rollout, but that's a WAG.

I'm getting the same thing on my RCA DVR-80, so not sure what's going on. I'm currently running the 3.1.1e software.

Stan

leftstrat said:
I got the same thing recently, on the R10 receiver. Was wondering what that was all about myself.

Me too! I couldn't sleep and got up about 2:30 Tuesday morning, and saw my R-10 going to town. I knew I hadn't set anything to record. I figured it was mapping the neighborhood and calculating how much I would pay for an Ambien at the particular moment.

hancox said:
I am getting same info on both my R10 and HD Tivo. My *guess* is that something is being done with the 6.x rollout, but that's a WAG.
Haven't noticed my HD tivo in this condition. Hancox, I thought it said on D*s website the HD tivo's would not get the 6.x upgrade yet. Think they changed their minds?? (I hope)

I forced a call to see what's going on...turned out to be a two page service
note from Tivo, with instructions on how to record two episodes that were
pre-empted by Bush's press conference last Thurs. Read your mail....

Thing is, I don't have an HD tivo, just SD. I'm watching it download as I type this... Started downloading first around 2.000 am until 2.30 am, stopped and now its 3.17 am, and its downloading again!!

raymo721 said:
Haven't noticed my HD tivo in this condition. Hancox, I thought it said on D*s website the HD tivo's would not get the 6.x upgrade yet. Think they changed their minds?? (I hope)

Nah. I think that the file is 1 for the whole Tivo set (S1, S2, HD, etc).

UPDATE: My D* tivo is still downloading at regular itervals from 2.00 am. do we really think it might be something to do with a coming softare update?

I have a samsung SIR-S4080R, running the 3.1.1e01-2-381 software

Another board is reporting this AM's downloads were fine. Might wanna check...

Update: Finally got a "completed" download this morning about 5.10-5.15am. Ill keep an eye on it tonight, but I think things may be back to normal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)