Service for a RV?

eriksat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
WI
After doing some checking around I came up with this. If you want Dish Network programming in a RV camper they tell you that you need to start a separate RV account. The only reason I can see for doing this instead of just bringing an a/o receiver from your home account and using that is if you travel out of the spot beam range you won't get any networks stations ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX. But it is also possible to have a Dish Network dish and receiver in a RV without subscribing to Dish Network and order just distant locals through My DistantNetworks dot com or All American Direct, and get distant locals from east or west coast for $12.99 per month.
Is this information right? To me it would be not much of a big deal to switch receivers on the rare times I want network tv, mainly sports. It seems stupid to start another account when you can just bring an a/o from home. Or does DishNetwork even have to know if you call and set up a rv distant networks account with AAD?

If you go somewhere with an Actual Physical Address, you can bring a receiver and have someone set it up. If you are traveling elsewhere, you can purchase a dish and set it up yourself. There may be issues with cabling your RV, but other than that I know of no issues about taking it with you. The only thing I have heard from Dish it that they want you to have all your receivers at the same Address. If you change your address while moving around to have service hooked up, at least have all your receivers even if they aren't connected. Just a red tape thing.

There is a thread elsewhere on this, but to save time I will provide you with information.

You DO NOT need a separate account for an RV, unless you want to change physical address at each stop to get locals.

You can register your RV with DISH Network and take a single receiver when you have others at the actual home residence and that is no issue, however the physical address MUST remain the home address (which is why there would be no change in locals). The receiver can be leased (no need to purchase it). DISH Network should not install anything on an RV, you should be directed to a retailer for that.

As far as distant networks, I believe you still have to have some programming through DISH Network in order to get distant networks, mainly because the receiver will not be "active" to receive any programming without a DISH Network account.

Tony, as an installer we have been told to do RV installs, but I am still hesitant. I only install an RV if it is pre-wired inside and to an outside feed to connect to and do a non-pen on the ground.

Does your RV have a built in dish/dome or were you going to use a separate external dish? (Some recs don't work well with the domes)

You can register your RV with DISH Network and take a single receiver when you have others at the actual home residence and that is no issue, however the physical address MUST remain the home address (which is why there would be no change in locals). The receiver can be leased (no need to purchase it). DISH Network should not install anything on an RV, you should be directed to a retailer for that.

As far as distant networks, I believe you still have to have some programming through DISH Network in order to get distant networks, mainly because the receiver will not be "active" to receive any programming without a DISH Network account.

I wanted to add a 211 for my RV., When I went online to have them send me an additional 211. The csr told me that I had to setup a seperate account to have a receiver in an RV. Dish needs to get all their CSRs on ther same page. Ask 10 CSRs and you will probably get 10 different answers.

I can certainly see why you would be frustrated. The information is provided internally, but it sounds like 'memory' is what the agents may be using to answer the question. If you would like, I can take a look and see what we need.

And Vash, they have changed that now? You can install on an RV? News to me. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)