Service Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zonk

Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Chicago
I was stopped by a guy in a Menards hardware store trying to sell DirecTV in WI. Told him I was interested in lowest package to put into our cottage at the lake. After explaining to him our main residence was in Chicago he tried selling me a bigger package for our main residence and saying I could take just a receiver to the lake house and I would get all the same channels no dish or anything would be needed. They are about 75 to 80 miles apart. He even went as far as to tell me to order an extra receiver for 5.00 per month and just leave it at the lake. Sounded to good to be true and said I would speak to my wife about the switch.

I go to sam's club on a regular basis and they have guys their trying to sell DirectTV as well. I asked this rep about it and he was new and called his boss. The boss said I could do this but would have to suspend service every weekend and move service from il to wi. What a pain.

Tonight I googled it and found this form. What is the truth? I see old post saying you have to have a dish on both residences? Also looks like the transfer of service may not be necessary? Look forward to the feedback.

I was stopped by a guy in a Menards hardware store trying to sell DirecTV in WI. Told him I was interested in lowest package to put into our cottage at the lake. After explaining to him our main residence was in Chicago he tried selling me a bigger package for our main residence and saying I could take just a receiver to the lake house and I would get all the same channels no dish or anything would be needed. They are about 75 to 80 miles apart. He even went as far as to tell me to order an extra receiver for 5.00 per month and just leave it at the lake. Sounded to good to be true and said I would speak to my wife about the switch.

I go to sam's club on a regular basis and they have guys their trying to sell DirectTV as well. I asked this rep about it and he was new and called his boss. The boss said I could do this but would have to suspend service every weekend and move service from il to wi. What a pain.

Tonight I googled it and found this form. What is the truth? I see old post saying you have to have a dish on both residences? Also looks like the transfer of service may not be necessary? Look forward to the feedback.

Avoid the first guy.....he speaks with forked tongue!
After you establish your account at your home you begin paying for each receiver each month like all Directv cusrtomers. IF you want Directv at your summer home you can take your receiver and hook it up to your TV out in the country. HOWEVER you must have a dish installed at that location. Then your receiver will work.
BUT.......you can't have the receivers working simultaneously at both locations AND you can't sell the service to your next door neighbor. This is called account stacking and violates the terms of your contract.

Folks do this stuff all the time. TAILGATING parties depend on somone bringing in a dish and receiver. Then it goes home after the game.

I am not a Directv rep but they will go over this.

My best quote on this, as an installer = cust to Directv center..."Yes, I want to turn off our account in CT and restart our account here in MD. Then, if the captain my husband hired ever gets our boat to FL, we will turn off our account here and restart it at our home in FL. Yes, we have three homes. Is that so hard to understand?"

No problem,

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts