Status
Please reply by conversation.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Hey guys, this week I will be having repari techs coming over to solve a current issue I am having with recption on my HD reciver. I have the 5lnb. Here are my two isses. I want to be prepared for what the issue is, when he starts letting me know what the issue is!!

Searching for satelite, every ten minuets, which I must reset to somewhat solve the problem.

I can be watching ESPN HD, and without me turning any stations, I get TNT.

I am not a technical expert, but I am thinking the dish may need some adjustment.

Also as a side note, this does not happen on my other TV with DVR. (Though I hope it does not hapen when I upgrade to the HDDVR)

It sounds like at one of the connectors one or more tiny wires from inside the coax is touching something it's not supposed to (or a staple or something penetrated the coax), thus causing a short, making the LNB change to another channel when it is supposed to remain locked until the user changes it, also it could produce the occasional Searching for Signal messages, of course trees in the way blowing in the wind can produce those too, but it would not cause your channels to change, _that_ _could_ be explained if a neighbor has a D* system and has his STB/remote ID set to yours, default.

IMO, this is not an aligment issue, either it's as stated above (an install issue), or a bad piece of hardware, be it switch (water got inside/there is corrosion), receiver or dish.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)