SES-15

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Where did SES-15 come from? It just showed up at 137W on Lyngsat. Is this a C-Band only and will it carry a signal load there? AMC-7 is dead right, but I didn't know they had plans for a replacement for that slot??

SES-15 is on its way to 129W. It will be a data satellite, with Ku and Ka bands only.

Reactions: chadg2
Looks like this satellite will bring internet and TV to people flying over the Pacific. In August 2016 when my wife and I flew to Maui we had no option to for wi-fi in-flight. Next time, we'll have that option. :)

Successful Launch of SES-15

Last edited:
Looks like this satellite will bring internet and TV to people flying over the Pacific. In August 2016 when my wife and I flew to Maui we had no option to for wi-fi in-flight. Next time, we'll have that option. :)

depends if your airline plane has wi-fi equipment and if your airline gets its in-flight broadband service from whatever company will be using SES-15 to deliver that to flights over the Pacific.

depends if your airline plane has wi-fi equipment and if your airline gets its in-flight broadband service from whatever company will be using SES-15 to deliver that to flights over the Pacific.

A lot of airlines use in-flight entertainment and Internet systems from Panasonic Avionics. They are a key customer on SES-15 for Internet and live TV to aircraft.

Panasonic Avionics is a leading provider of inflight entertainment and connectivity systems. These contracts, for SES-14 and SES-15, represent their highest bandwidth commitment to date of high-powered HTS spot beam and wide beam Ku-band capacity. SES’s HTS coverage will enable airlines to offer next-generation inflight Wi-Fi and live television services to passengers travelling on air routes throughout the Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Panasonic Avionics will also utilize the HTS capacity to serve growing maritime markets and oil and gas operations throughout the region. -- SES and Panasonic Avionics Sign Milestone High Throughput Capacity Agreements to Provide Inflight Wi-Fi and TV Over the Americas | Panasonic Avionics Corporation

Reactions: N6BY
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)