SES 2 Reception Problem TP 4000/H/29125 DVB S2/FEC 5/6

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
I'm having a tough time receiving the following TP on 87W (SES 2):

4000/H/29125 DVB S2 FEC 5/6 (signal strength 45-75% varies). The signal is never stable, it's always
fluctuating. No problems watching at night or in the mornings. But from around 10am to sunset (pacific) I just can't decode it. Yesterday, I optimized my skew, focal distance, declination angle, true south, etc without any improvement.

Is this one just a hard one to get? Any suggestions?

Yep that ones a problem. The real solution is a 30 foot dish ;) You can get those feeds for different time zones @ 137W no problem. I have the same results as you on 87W.

No problems here. I have a solid 80% quality on the MicroHD. I'm using 12ft Paraclipse Dish, GeosatPro Dual output C-Band LNB.

I'm having a tough time receiving the following TP on 87W (SES 2):

4000/H/29125 DVB S2 FEC 5/6 (signal strength 45-75% varies). The signal is never stable, it's always
fluctuating. No problems watching at night or in the mornings. But from around 10am to sunset (pacific) I just can't decode it. Yesterday, I optimized my skew, focal distance, declination angle, true south, etc without any improvement.

Is this one just a hard one to get? Any suggestions?

I still think it's dish alignment or installation issues or your dish is in bad shape (warped or missing panels that mean you lose reflected signal or it gets reflected other than to the feedhorn). your sig doesn't say the dish is in bad shape so I will assume it's in good conditon.
How did you check the alignment? tape measure to check focal point/centering and the sat receiver signal strength meter or did you hook up a installation signal meter that has BER and SN readouts on a LCD screen?

Your problems with Luken would be a puzzler otherwise considering you have an assumed good condition and definitely appropriate sized dish (10') and no cheap cr** imported from asia LNBS (you're using quality Norsat 8115's).

I have 8' birdview, 9' laux and a 10' solid dish of unknown manuf with norsat 8115's or better and corotor on one and orthogonal feedhorn on the other two with no signal reception issues of Luken on both SES2 or AMC7.

It's been awhile since I've been on this sat but I've been having similar problems with 4154H28791 even after a rescan. It use to be stable but none of the channels are stable now. I'm using a 12 footer and Az Ultra.

It's been awhile since I've been on this sat but I've been having similar problems with 4154H28791 even after a rescan. It use to be stable but none of the channels are stable now. I'm using a 12 footer and Az Ultra.

The transponder information changed to 4149H 8861SR.

The transponder information changed to 4149H 8861SR.

I deleted all the transponder data and re-scanned the sat about 30 minutes before posting but I'll try it again. I guess I'll delete and re-add the sat if I still can't get it. There's always manual entry also.

The Luken mux still is messed up also. Someone once posted that it was an Azbox issue and apparently it hasn't been fixed.

I guess I should try the MicroHD on SES2. The Luken mux on SES2 scanned in with the Azbox Ultra but I can't get a stable picture. I couldn't get the W7 signals probably because of a tree blocking my view.

MicroHD works perfect for me on SES2, using orthomode feed with Norsat 8115's, and a 10ft "Perfect Ten" dish. All stays nice and locked.

Not that there's reason to watch much of anything on the Luken mux anymore, it's the same 20 shows over and over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts