SET UP HELP: DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can put the power inserter between the lnb and the splitter (before) or between the splitter and the dvrs (after). If it's the latter, then the splitter must be on the power passing port of the splitter, marked with a red line. If you are going to use the HR54s built in power inserter, then it must be on the power passing port of the splitter.

Keep in mind that Directv will most likely insist on doing the install of your HR54.

This satellite company intown was giving me a quote on doing this for me.. I sent them my picture and they said my pic will not work because a 1X8 splitter cant handle that many tuners.. someone earlier in this forum said that my drawing will work.. I think I can do this on my own, but just double checking that it is right....

This satellite company intown was giving me a quote on doing this for me.. I sent them my picture and they said my pic will not work because a 1X8 splitter cant handle that many tuners.. someone earlier in this forum said that my drawing will work.. I think I can do this on my own, but just double checking that it is right....
AGAIN, Directv is probably going to insist on doing the install of your HR54, unless you get it from a second source. In that case you will have to pay for it yourself, Directv will likely provide it at no charge.

I would rather just pay for it myself instead of dealing with their time frames etc etc... I can purchase the HR54, LNB, SPLITTER and C61k from solid signal.. I installed my old system with the SWM 16, and old Slimeline 5LNB so I am confident I can do it.. I just want to make sure my above drawing will work.. and still little confuse on alternate location of the PI??

I would rather just pay for it myself instead of dealing with their time frames etc etc... I can purchase the HR54, LNB, SPLITTER and C61k from solid signal.. I installed my old system with the SWM 16, and old Slimeline 5LNB so I am confident I can do it.. I just want to make sure my above drawing will work.. and still little confuse on alternate location of the PI??
If you did the install of the swm system, Directv won't activate the HR54. They have to substantiate that the system is a swm type before they will allow it.

ok another problem-- I wanted a temp fix before I decided to go the 4K rout and I just wanted to switch up my LNB to get things working again.... so I bought the following..

I tried to replace my LNB

But when I rebooted the first HDDVR it and it went to the communicating with satellite it was at 0% and a 771 popped up?

I put the old one back on and it is working for most stations, but still getting a 771 occasionally on some channels?

did I get the wrong LNB???

Attachments

• IMG_0578.JPG
    IMG_0578.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 202
  • hello.JPG
    hello.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 187
You don't have the correct dish for that 5LNB unit. You have the old style AU9 ( sidecar) dish. Don't know if you can still get LNB's for those dishes. AT&T will install a new slimline dish with an LNB unit with SWM built into it. It will support 13 tuners, or up to 21 with the correct receiver configuration. No one is sure , yet what that means. If your dish is locaed where AT&T can reach it without leaving a ladder, they generally can replace your dish with no problem. Your old style dish raises questions about the mounting being able to support a modern dish or having to be replaced. If your current dish is not easily accessible from a ladder (meaning the tech does not have to get off the ladder) then moving the dish to a new location, possibley mounted on a pole in the yard, is the next best option.

Oh the classic sidecar dish. You need an upgrade my friend. That dish hasn't been installed in nearly 10 years, I know why the tech didn't want to go up there now. He didn't want to replace that dish

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Now I know what you were asking about! :) I didn't see the pictures you posted. Sorry about that Brad. Like b52pooh and Hutch1814 said, the dish has to be replaced, it's quite old. You definitely need to have Directv come out to do this work.

I just had a new dish and 4K 3LNB installed at my home, replacing my 2006 "sidecare".. once it was installed i turned on the receivers and it worked right away without rebooting the HD/DVR's. i have 10 tuners, and all worked as soon as i turned them on without a reboot of the box.. Can that really happen or should in reboot all the set top boxes??? thanks

I just had a new dish and 4K 3LNB installed at my home, replacing my 2006 "sidecare".. once it was installed i turned on the receivers and it worked right away without rebooting the HD/DVR's. i have 10 tuners, and all worked as soon as i turned them on without a reboot of the box.. Can that really happen or should in reboot all the set top boxes??? thanks
They will work, the SWM system automatically detects the dish when you power it up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)