Set up recording via Internet with 522?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I havent posted in awhile (I guess thats good, no problems) anyway I was talking to someone at work who just got Tivo and he was telling me how he could set up a timer from a remote location via the internet. Preaty cool!!
I was wondering if this is somthing that might be planned for the future?
Thanks
Lenny

it's been suggested before but probably the only way it will ever happen is if you get a slingbox.

I hope Dish Network's MPEG-4 DVR will implement more options such as this. They have an opportunity to do what the competition is doing and perhaps more things.

A slingbox?? That I have to look up! LOL
I just Googled it, preaty cool, price isnt to bad either. I wonder if theres a monthly service?
Lenny

No monthly charge from slingbox. Just buy it, set it up and your good to go!! 249 bucks is not bad to control it and watch it from anywhere with internet access :)

Yeah, maybe a ReplayTV could do it, if it has internet access, once you make it control the 522. I don't know what other internet-enabled boxes exist, just was making the point that it's not a likely upgrade from Dish so would require an external box of some sort.

That is not a bad price if it works right. I saw the some reviews and heard about the delay in changing channels and so forth. It seems like they have some work to do with their product.

I seriously doubt that we will ever see any of the receivers that we have now be able to be programmed from the internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts