Setting dish mount elevation scale

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GrendelT

Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Texas
Complete FTA newby:
I have a question about my mount that I've Googled for til I was blue in the face - but I just can't seem to find the answer.
When setting the elevation on my motor mount, there are scales on both sides. One is for elevation angle and the other is for latitude, I understand their relationship and that I can use one or the other (using elev).

The question is, what part do I align with the scale on the bracket? The front of the bolt? The rear of the bolt? The center of the bolt?

I also understand I'll still want to peak the signal with my meter afterwards, but I also know if the elevation is off just a bit, that will throw off my reception the further east/west I go... I want to make sure I'm right when aligning the dish.

FWIW my setup:
GeosatPro HD
Winegard 2076 dish (24° offset, I believe)
Sadoun Universal Ku Single LNBF
SG6000 motor

32.5580N, ~95W

Is this your motor bracket?

Attachments

• image-4216776854.jpg
    image-4216776854.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 189
T4Runner said:

If it is, then the alignment is a small raised indicator to the left of the bolt on the lower scale. I know, it makes no sense because it is the elevation, not latitude scale, but i'm pretty sure that is the place to start. then set elevation of the dish on the dish.

There were several knockoff motors made and sold as SG6000, that were pretty bad and kept dying. If you do not have any instructions or manual, fridgefta has the manual on their site.

Yep, that's the one. I saw that little tab, but wasn't sure if it was to be trusted or if it was a slug from when the metal was cast. :) Overthinking things I guess.

So with my motor mounted, what angle do I set my dish to?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts