Longitude: -122.3325°
Name: 97W GALAXY 19 (G-19)​
Distance: 38602km
Elevation: 30.1°
Azimuth (true): 147.3°
Azimuth (magn.): 130.5°
LNB Skew [?]: -21.4°
arrow-l.png

When trying to set up the elevation angle of the motor, should I use the elevation or the latitude inclinometer? When I set the elevation inclinometer to 30.1 degrees, the latitude is set at 60 degrees. Also, the SG2100 instructions booklet has my elevation angle at 43 for latitude of 47. Why the difference?

How do I set the declination angle on the the dish (dish bracket angle)?According to SG2100 instruction booklet, for latitude of 37, my declination angle is 7 so my dish bracket angle is 23. So with this, do I just set up the dish bracket angle to 23 degrees?

1. Use Latitude scale and forget it from then on.
2. Set it at 23 deg, to start. This will be one of the points you will adjust to get the best Quality.
:) You're in for a lot of fun... Don't let anybody give you any free dishes, they're a curse !!

You need to set the motor to due south. Then aim at your southern most satellite at 121° Galaxy 23 errr wait .. hard to do with a KU dish. Not much to look at on Echo 9 go to 123° Galaxy18 . But the numbers you want ,Elevation and declination are for pointing due south. As if there was a sat at 122.3°.

One question is still have is when I set the altitude to 47.5 degrees, the elevation inclinometer on the other side gives a different degrees. Does this matter at all? Also, since each mark is 1 degree, I can either set it to 47 or 48 right? I mean putting it on 47.5 is pretty hard. Thanks again

Last edited:
Those are different scales on either side. Just depends on the information you are using. If you are going by Latitude use the one side, and if you have an elevation angle you use the other side. Elevation and Latitude are not the same numbers, but produce the same result.

As to the accuracy of your setting, just do the best you can. That scale on the motor is clearly not a precision device, but we've all learned that apparently it's good enough, 'cause it works. :)

I have this set up with my openbox s9...I use the v-box to move the big 10ft cband dish and program v-box thru the s9 to remember locations. the c-band i use dis 1.2 as motor type....for the 36 inch ku bank I use usals to move that 2100 motor after just setting up the correct sat locations such as 125.0 west in the openbox...hope this helps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)