Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
OK, last night I couldn't sleep. Hooked up my DirecPC dish that has a G3R LNB to an old Gen Inst 2400R.

I set it to Ku/normal polarization and started scanning channels. I pointed it until I got good signal toward T5 (I think) almost due south at 183. (186.7)

(my loc is 36.2 lat x 93.046 long)

My screen would change from light snow to darker snow as I moved the dish and changed signal strength but I never got any picture or audio on any of the 34 channels.

I still have no idea what I am doing.

Is the GI 2400R too old to get anything?
Wrong LNB type?

I'm going to try AMC9 later, but I just got frustrated and quit for some expert advise.

Mark
T6 at 93W is your due south satellite (179.9)

I'm assuming the GI is an analog C/KU band receiver. Right now there isn't much on KU analog. Once college sports season starts back up, there will be.

AMC9 has a test pattern on Ch 19 Vertical. Color bars and AMC9 KU band scrolling up the screen. You might want to try to get that to see if the receiver works.

Elevation is 47.2
Azimuth is 166.5
Skew is -10.8

Mark_AR said:
My screen would change from light snow to darker snow as I moved the dish and changed signal strength but I never got any picture or audio on any of the 34 channels.

If you were seeing snow you're watching an analogue signal.

Iceberg said:
AMC9 has a test pattern on Ch 19 Vertical. Color bars and AMC9 KU band scrolling up the screen. You might want to try to get that to see if the receiver works.

OK I got the AMC9 (k19) test pattern on channel 13 of my rcvr.

I also got 2 FSN(Fox Sports Network) feeds on 10 & 30. It goes from sports coverage to 'Keep lines open'.

So kewl, it works!!!
:D

Now I just have to mount the dish rather than lean it against a garbage can.

I may just jump in whole hog and invest on a real dish/motor and rcvr.

Know any placee that will gimme a deal on the whole setup?

Well done I knew you would get it in the end! It takes time to get to grips with a new system. Now the real fun starts : )

Thanks. I still don't understand a lot about it. The RCVR I have doesn't have any documentation or remote, so I am limited to whatever controls are on the front.

I had a friend give me her old C-band vidiocipher II RC box today. I don't know what to do with it, its just a pink plastic box with a phone jack and card slot in it on one side and a PC board connector on the other. Theres no power plug or cable connector.

I don't have a BUD so I don't think it will work.

Icedude-(Or PSB)

Do you know if I can motorize a DirecPC dish or should I go with a Hotdish or Winegard? :confused:

It seems kinda heavy to me and has a fairly large mounting pipe. (Bigger than a D* or E* dish).

I would not use a DirecPC dish, I have 3 and if I thought I could use one I would, it says 1.2m on the box but I feel it will not be good for the motor, I would use it for something else and get a Winegard 30"

I just weighed my DirecPC dish its almost 30 pounds, it is a Duo and has two LNB, but trust me you do not want 30 pounds pulling down on the motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)