Status
Please reply by conversation.

john dusek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2005
east bernard Texas
Most of my skew settings are in range where you can adjust them up or down from the best setting (to make sure you have the very best setting) I have a couple of sats where the setting scew settings are at -90. Since this is at the end of adjustment and moving the BUD left or right makes no difference,is this setting telling I need to manually adjust the ant a very slight amount up or down. It gets a good picture here but is a little more sensitive to wind than the others.

Hey John, I got your PM, I think I am understanding what you are asking (correct me if I am not).
You are tuning your dish I am assuming.
Is your dish a polar mount c-band dish? I can't remember what setup you had.
If so, Your skew assuming you are running a normal lnbf should remain the same across the sky.

If you are having to raise the dish elevation when you change satellites when the motor moves that means your polar axis (turning the entire mount/dish on the pole east or west) is off.

Now if you are running a corotor or some other servo controlled feed horn the same for the skew applies that the skew should remain the same pretty much. AMC1 KU is about the only wierd satellite that requires a bit more skew to tune in.

Tell me your setup and I may be able to help your further.

Truckracer,I didnt make myself clear. I get all Sats with good signals with out any elevation changes.so my polar axis is ok. I thought that maybe a very slight adjustment on the ant would change my Vert skew away from -90. After reading your reply I did some some checking and found that: On Sat W5 channel 421,the Vert skew is -90(with good signal) and channel 255 the horz skew is -20 with a good signal.(near same results on G5 and C3) Since the horz skew is normal,this tells me the ant is correct. Something else must be a little off that give me the -90 readings. Although I get good signals now I worry if in the future if things change the wrong way and I cant adjust the vert skew any higher,I will lose signal strength. (the signal weakens at -85 so it has to go higher) I have a standard C band set up. These readings are the same with my cheaper LNB or my new $150 one. Doesnt the -90 reading point to something being off. (although it has been like this for 3 years and working ok I would like to know why)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts