Setting up dish while at my new country rv pad

blackace5

Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
Canada
First of all thank you to whomever helps me out as this will be my first post. I purchased new RV pad in Canada recently. On the weekend I brought my Dish Network 211 up to Canada. I had an installer come by and move a Dish Pro dual LNB dish to point to Dish Network. It works fine but I noticed I am missing all or well many HD channels. I did some reading and it appears I need to also point to satellite 129? I am on the South shore of Lake Ontario not more than 20 minutes from home. When I got home this morning I checked the dish here and it is a DISH 1000 with 3 lnbs. Do I simply try to point the dual to 119 and 129 and forget about 110? I did a lot of reading and some folks told me I could simply buy a 20" dish with Dishpro LNB and point to 129. I would then run the cable into the other dish's LNB as the LNBs have a built in switch. I guess the other and 3rd option is to get another Dish 1000. I have already paid $200 to get this one going so if at all possible I would like to do this on my own next weekend. Thanks again for ny feedback. I did check my areas settings for set up on Dishpointer.com. I am confused on SKew and elevation though as the scales on this Dish start at 40 on the skew and 10 on the elevation. I bought a compass too.

Honestly I would just buy a Dish 1000.2 antenna with the LNB. This way you would have the proper equipment all with one antenna.

At home do a check switch to see what sat's your are pointing to. If your on the south shore of Lake Ont and are in Canada, you must be in the Niagara Region. Are you sure about 129? I'm on the south shore in New York and all my stations are on 61.5 and 72. 129 is for western arc and 61.5/72 are eastern arc.

Run checkswitch and let us know what sats and results it gives.

It is a good idea when relocating to disconnect all sat coax, run checkswitch and then reconnect the coax and run it again.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I am away from home currently. If the hd channels that I am missing are on satellite 61.5 and 72 I would therefore need to have a separate dish then? We had the dish mounted on the right side of our would shed/playhouse facing the 110/119 sats recommended by the installer. The way it is set up there is a structure blocking the view dead south so we had to pick whether to be on the Canadian satellite on the left side of the building or our satellite on the right side. If that's the case how would i get the coax to be run for my receiver? I am home on Thursday and will check my satellite then. The equipment was installed before I moved into my house. When we ordered Dish Network 3 years ago they sent a tech to check everything but only my wife was at home.

Oh no! My daughter was at home so I asked her to check what satellites we are pointing to. We are pointing to 61.5°, 72.7° and 77°. I this is true then I guess I have to purchase a Dish 1000 for eastern arc? The pad is in the Niagara region near Jordan Harbour. If everything I'm now reading I woon't even be able to get reception on the 129 satellite.

If you can see the same 2 sats from your RV pad, you don't need 129. 61.5/72 have all the programing you need. They are mirrored on 129. The earc and warc have the same national channels. The differences are local spot beams. If you say you are only 20 min from home, I would assume your locals are Buffalo. I'm east of Rochester and have the earc dish. I get every hd channel that is available in my subscribed package. When you take the receiver up again, do a check switch and see what sats the dish points to and let us know.

Most of the Conus HD channels are on 72W and 129W and both should have a good signal in your area. 129W will be much lower in the sky so trees or whatever could obstruct it. And your local network channels may only be on the eastern arc. The locals are on a spot beam at 61.5W but if you are only 20 minutes from home, there is a high probability you will also receive them at the Pad (using the eastern arc setup similar to what you use at home.

Definitely get an eastern arc dish so you can watch your local news seamlessly. You only need a two lnb setup and dish (61.5 and 72.5). 77W only provides service for a few local markets - non of them are in your area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts