Setting up dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Landon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I have been looking at this dish network site, Tech Portal : 322, and looking at the setup at this item, "TV2, Existing Coaxial Cable", which is down on the left side of the site. There are no diplexers shown in this graphic. Is it that if you hook it up like this you do not have to have diplexers?
At present I do have two cables running from my dish to the attic but only one is hooked to a diplexer. I was wondering if I could utlize the other cable and remove the diplexers? Not that I want to do that but would like to know more about how these things work.

By the way, how do you turn the html code on, that is shown as being off at the bottom of the page I am typing from?

Dixplexers are usually used to allow OTA signal into the house via a Dish coax line. Once in, it is separated from that and then can be split to the number of tv's it is going to. If that is what your setup is, then no you cannot do what you propose. If it is something else, we need more info to understand your setup better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts