setting up Visionsat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

_drew_

Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
I would like to know if anyone can help get my system up and running here.I very comfortable with my knowledge of computers but I am rather new to FTA,been reading off and on over the summer.I was looking for a box/receiver with a pvr function and saw this thread,after reading thru this,I decided to finally get in to this .So I bought a visionsat IV 200 pvr.I...Here is a profile of my rig:

Visionsat IV PVR receiver.
Fortec Star FC 80cm Dish/FC 80
U-Bolt Mount Bracket Version_(sandoun)
Sandoun Universal Dual LNBF IP:10.7-12.75GHz.OP:950-2150,LO:9.75GHz-10.6GHz
STAB HH100 motor (Sandoun)
Pitched roof mounted.
RG6 quad with grounding cable

HTPC:
Mother Board:ASUS M2NPV-VM
CPU: AMD/A64 X2 4600+ 2.4Ghz AM2 Windsor
RAM:Super Talent 2GB 1Gx2 800DDR
Graphics Card:Gigibyte Geforce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16
Dvico Fusion HDTV-RT Gold Plus TV Capture Card
PSU Antec 550W for PCI express
HDD1 160GB Western Digital IDE
HDD2 250Gb Western Digital IDE
Back up Drive/Network Storage 500GB Western Digital External
JVC Sound System/DVD player with upconverting to HD 1080i,plays DiVX,Xvid,SVCD,MP4,all DVD formats...5.1 Sound Arrangement.
Primary Display ViewSonic Flat Screen 19" CRT
Secondary Display:Samsung LN-S4096D HDTV

Now I just finish setting this up on my roof this saturday afternoon.I found out all my numbers and settings thru links at Sandoun's site.Did a site survey and I have a decent clear view from the south to south east then back to south south west and west.Here is my location numbers and what I used to position my dish: My latitude is 42.973,Longitude is 83.688, my Azimuth is 187 degrees.Dish elevation come out to be 23.4,motor elevation is the same as latitude 42.973.My true southern sateliite is AMC 9 at 87.0 W Degrees.Now by the time I got done setting this all up it was near nightfall here,I'm an older fella and shouldn't be up on a ladder in the dark..so I felt comforttable with my installation and decided to hook the receiver up and see if I could get any thing,since this receiver supports USALS standard I decided to follow their instructtions insetting it up.Hooked the reciever up and went thru the set up.Then I decide to see if I could get anything.Since my southern satellite is AMC9 I went to lyngsat and most channels there are encrypted..so I decided to go to a satellite with free FTA channels AMC has some..now when I went to scan channels,I see a signal strength in the mid 80's..but when I auto scan It comes back no TV or radio channels,Infact on several Sats. I get a strong signal strength,but no TV channels when scanned I know I must be doing something wrong with the set up of this receiver..now its getting late and I'll try again tomorrow,I might be leaving some info out ,but I think the advanced people here know where I'm at,and I can provide more info if needed..I hope I covered everything and would appreciate any help in getting a foot hold here..I would really appreciate..thanks in advance..take care and godbless.

Go up to the sticky thread "I need a strong..etc to aim my dish" and pick a few freqs off sats that are close to your true south sat, enter those into your receiver. You can still set up your motor with the arc, if nothing's on AMC9 when you're working on it just pick a sat close by like AMC5 or AMC2. You may need to adjust your elevation somewhat once you get in the neighborhood. Just leave the bolts loose where you can swing the dish east/west a little bit to help you zero in on the signal. (it;s very picky and tedious but you'll get it)
Having a signal showing doesn't mean much, just that your lnbf is powered, quality # is what is important. You're trying to see a flashlight from 22,500 miles away, with no glasses lol, but once you find it the first time, will be easier to do the next.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Echostar Test on AMC2

Sports Feeds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)