Setup for 6 Separate Signals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

unislick

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Currently I am running 2 VIP722 with only 2 lines coming in from satellite into house sending 4 separate signals to the 722s (2 TV1's, 2 TV's) through a couple diplexers. We would like to add another VIP722 for home theater and bedroom in basement that are separate signals from the other 2 722's currently running.

Can I (or a technician) add 2 more distinct lines without running any additional RG6 outside. My issue is that my dish is about 50 feet from the house and we added a concrete patio since the original install that runs between the house and the concrete and is about 20 feet wide.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Should have ran a third line before you poured the concrete for "future-proofing." Then, you could have up to 3 receivers, add a DPP44 for 4 receivers, or even stack DPP44s for up to 12 dual-tuners.

If you are pointing at a 4th orbital slot as well, you would have needed a fourth line as well, if you went the DPP44 route.

I personally find it unconscionable that Dish installers don't come equipped with triple coax plus messenger wire bundles to avoid this situation. Mine only showed up with 2 (plus ground) in ugly BLACK. He had no other choices. I handed him 3 grey cables of my own.

They don't have any other options as far as dual cable goes. He could of used orange cable though.

not an attractive option, but you could always add a 2nd dish to get your 3rd receiver running. Maybe eastern arc is an option? Just throwing it out there. I have a dish on the house, one on my machine shed, and one at our barn/stables so I don't have to run cables all over the property. At my old house I had two dishes because it was easier to add another dish than try to route cables to the new installed location.

Ugly black cable is the best at resisting uv deterioration
that goes for ugly black zip ties too
why wouldn't you have spent 20 bucks and put conduit under your slab
did you think that cable would last forever?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)