setup help with new HD TV's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

david in texas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
Hello,

This is my current setup:

Dish Dual Tuner Standard Definition running to two downstairs SD TV's.
Dish HD Dual Tuner with one HD TV upstairs and 1 SD TV downstairs.

The model numbers escape me but they are both about 3 year old tuners. Maybe a 522 and 622????

Last night I single handedly brought the economy out of recession and bought two new LCD TV's.

I am now going to have 2 HD TV's downstairs, and one SD. Upstairs still just one HD. With my upstairs TV being our primary HD TV (ie biggest).

I have Dish coming tomorrow with an upgrade to my SD receiver giving me 2 HD DVR's.

My questions are, is it going to be possible to get an HD signal to all 3 HD TV's? And is it going to be possible to get a signal to my 5th TV at all? If I remember correctly, 3 years ago when I set this house up, only one HD signal was possible off the HD DVR and only 4 lines total were possible at all in one's house. I just find it hard to believe in this day and age of HD that I am the only one wanting to run more then 2 HD singals and 5 TV's.

What do you all think?

Thanks

The HD receivers have to HD outputs that work at the same time. They both output side 1 of the receiver. You can run an HDMI cable to one TV and component cable to another TV. Both will have the same HD picture. As for side 2 of the receivers, you can split that out to as many TVs as you'd like.

The HD receivers have to HD outputs that work at the same time. They both output side 1 of the receiver. You can run an HDMI cable to one TV and component cable to another TV. Both will have the same HD picture. As for side 2 of the receivers, you can split that out to as many TVs as you'd like.

Thanks for the reply but let me clarify one thing. When you say run HDMI to one and component to another do you mean running wires across the house somehow? If so, the wife would never go for that. :( The way it's currently setup is I have somekind of master control panel that allows me to plug my TV's into a Coax outlet, coming off my TV2 signal.

David

You can not send an HD feed via coax...HDMI or Component is the only way.

You can not send an HD feed via coax...HDMI or Component is the only way.

That's what I was afraid of. So how does one get an HD feed to a second TV w/o having wires all over the house. I'm sure I don't have the only wife that doesn't want wires running.

Thanks

You could really push the economy over the top and save your marriage by investing in an HD capable wireless media sender.

There are products that can send HD content wirelessly. I'm not sure how well they work or how expensive they are. Someday it will all be possible, it's in the works.

Slingbox Pro and Sling Catcher can do it for around $400 and that is how purchasing it will save the economy.

I'm waiting for "Cash for Clunker TVs" to upgrade my last SD TV. :D

It would help the economy and the environment. I promise to buy an energy star TV so I use less power. Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts