Setup issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lsylvain

Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Great forum. I printed Iceberg's dual LNB mount postings and it helped the installer. Thanks!

Second professional installer came today with is BirDog (it's been a long month waiting on installers). I could tell he had not had experience with Glorystar specifically but seemed to have experience installing satellite systems in general.

So AMC 4 works great by itself direct. So does Galaxy 25. But AMC 4 will not work when both are connected.

Galaxy 25 works when plugged into the LNB1 port of the switch. But AMC 4 will not worked when plugged into port 2 of the switch. Swapped ports on the switch and AMC4 worked in port 1 but G25 did not work in port 2.

Installer thinks the switch is bad, which seems plausible. Are new switches sometimes bad?

I am also uncertain of is the settings of the set top box. There was lots of fumbling and trial and error with those. Does anyone have the exact settings to use for each satellite (LNB type, transponder, etc...)?

Thanks in advance!

what receiver?

But it sounds like the Diseqc settings are right. For the Glorystar system G25 is lNB 1 and AMC4 is LNB 2. Hook the cables up to the diseqc switch that way (make sure to power off the receiver with the switch on back to not blow anything)

In the receiver settings for Diseqc on G25 set to "1" and AMC4 set to "2". Then it will change to the right satellite when you switch channels

Galaxy 25 works when plugged into the LNB1 port of the switch. But AMC 4 will not worked when plugged into port 2 of the switch. Swapped ports on the switch and AMC4 worked in port 1 but G25 did not work in port 2.

Installer thinks the switch is bad, which seems plausible. Are new switches sometimes bad?

I am also uncertain of is the settings of the set top box. There was lots of fumbling and trial and error with those. Does anyone have the exact settings to use for each satellite (LNB type, transponder, etc...)?

Thanks in advance!
Iceberg is correct. It sounds like like the setup on the antenna menu, is incorrect. Be sure the diseqc switch is on, if G25 is to port one the G25 should have LBN as 1, then AMC4 would be on port 2 of the switch and set on the menu as lnb 2. In other words, the LNB number is the port on the switch the LNB is connected to.
Hope this helps
POP

Great forum. I printed Iceberg's dual LNB mount postings and it helped the installer. Thanks!

Second professional installer came today with is BirDog (it's been a long month waiting on installers). I could tell he had not had experience with Glorystar specifically but seemed to have experience installing satellite systems in general.

So AMC 4 works great by itself direct. So does Galaxy 25. But AMC 4 will not work when both are connected.

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the switch is bad. It's probably a cheapie. Like the guys said check the port settings. If they are correct then I'd definitely try another switch.

boomer
I have one of those switches that comes with the G* system and its pretty well built...better than some 4 port ones I've received with receivers purchased

boomer
I have one of those switches that comes with the G* system and its pretty well built...better than some 4 port ones I've received with receivers purchased

I've never had a G system. I just figured it probably came with the standard cheap ones that came with my pansat and viewsat. Even my Ecoda switches, alot of times I have to disconnect my C LNB from the switch to be able to get strong signals on G11 Ku. It doesn't happn on all Ku sats. Like I say G11 ku is the worst.

Hopefully the OP has a simple fix and gets up and running quickly. Thanks for the info on the G system switch. I've even thought about going with EMP Centauri

I have attached two pages from the Glorystar setup manual. When facing the dish the #1 LNB is on the right. Make sure your dual bracket is assembled so #1 is on the right - and that is AMC4. SO when setup as per the instructions the AMC4 LNB is #1 and G25 LNB is #2. I believe you switch is bad, make sure when hooking and unhooking a switch that the receiver is unplugged first.
Bob

Attachments

• GloryTwinMercV3_ENG_Hi_Res.pdf
    111.9 KB · Views: 130
FYI, the receiver is a Mercury II (very, very nice).

Thanks, all. It appears that the switch was indeed bad. I contacted Glorystar support and gave a detailed account of how the installer arrived at the conclusion that the switch was bad and they agreed that was probably the case.

They sent a replacement via USPS priority mail. What they sent was actually a four port LNB switch with plugs in ports 3 and 4, which are not used in a standard Glorystar installation. The plugs remind me of the terminators we used to put on coax cables in computer networks back in the day.

I carefully tested one LNB at a time, being careful to power off the STB per the manual's instructions before I connected or disconnected anything (I think that the switch may have been fried because the installer left the STB powered on when he was connecting and disconnecting ports).

Once I verified that all worked I installed the grounding block between the switch and the LNBs (the installer had not done this).

BTW, when configuring according to the Glorystar installation instructions, LNB1 is used for AMC4.

I am very happy with Glorystar. One final note. If an installer performs a power scan you may end up with channels you don't want (and were not part of the Glorystar package). To load the Glorystar package go the the factory reset screen and perform the "2020" sequence documented in the Glorystar installation manual, which is very well written.

Thanks, Iceberg. This is a great forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)