Setup Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maplewood

Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
What is TXN No.?

Have an ADTH 8600IR Receiver with 30 inch dish. Has a Univ LNB and was told to det it at 10700. I have read in these forums to set the 22khz to on. Have spent several hours and have not yet got it to lock onto a satellite. Tried 10R and I am currently trying to get on T5. Strength is 50-60 but quality is zero. Couple of questions - When I do a manual search the first items on the screen are TXN # (01-05) and TXN Name (New XPDR). What is this and what should it be set at? I currently have the 30inch dish about 2 feet off the ground is that too low (I live in Canada)? Any other ideas on what I may be doing wrong.

Hello and welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

Your dish should be OK at 2 feet high as long as there is nothing blocking the line of sight to the satellite/s.
For a universal LNB the L.O. should be set at....

09750-10600

The 22KHz should auto switch with the above setting.

I think TXN may mean Transponder, maybe try a TP. scan, dont know much about this receiver, hope the above helps.

I have an ADTH 8600ir receiver (supposed to be able to receive FTA) and 30 inch dish. I have been trying to get this set up for a month off and on with no success. I believe I have located Telstar 5 and I get a strength of 60 but 0 quality. I live on an acreage in Western Canada with the dish mounted 7 feet off the ground pointed to an open field with the closest trees or buildings being over a half mile away so there should be nothing obstructing the signal (the elevation is 28.5 for my area). I have also set the universal KU LNB for the correct degree. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong. This may be a dumb question but does the dish need to be higher off the ground the farther north you get?

The Dish sounds good where it is, remember the L.O.should be set to .....

09750-10600 if its a Universal LNBF.

Its all about Signal Quality so thats the only way to really confirm you are on any particular satellite. If you feel you are indeed on a satellite try a TP. or Smart scan.

Good Luck!

I use the below to find IA-5

IRIB

11836 Freq.
Vertical
20765 S/R.

Move the dish watch for signal Quality.

http://www.adth.com/adth8600.htm

Still can't get my system to work - Do I need some kind of a card in the receiver in order to pick up FTA? Could this be why I have signal but no quality?

No cards needed for legal FTA channels, remember you are looking for signal quality only. You need to be able to see the TV if you do not have a signal meter, good luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)