Setup Questions

captpjd

Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Sulphur, La
Hey all, new here and still reading and learning. I have 4 TV's--- 1 HDTV and 3 SD TV's(CRT's). I looking into getting 1 622 and 2 311's. Now with the 622, are there different ways to hook up the 2 tv's or is hardwiring the only way?

All info and help is greatly appreiciated:D

Maybe I missed it but It would be nice to have a SETUP Questions/Problems Sticky

Home Distribution?

OK, so hardwiring is the only way to hook up TV2. What is the home distribution plugs for? If there is somewhere that will answer all my hookup questions, please direct me to it.

Actually there is another way to make TV2 work with wire. Get a pair of wireless audio/video senders. I believe RadioShack may still carry them. Hook them up to the composite (yellow, white and red) connections on the back for TV2. Take the other receiving unit where ever TV2 is and hook it up to the TV and enjoy!

The home distribution 21-69 out is for TV2 and other TVs you may want to connect. The output of this connection is pretty hot so as long as you don't run too many TVs on it you shouldn't have much signal degradation. Of course all TVs would watch the same thing but it's cool that TV2 has UHF remote. Just take the remote with you to each room or buy additional ones.

I like the wireless audio/video sender idea. I found them at radio shack for $99.
RadioShack.com

Still don't understand the purpose of the home dist. connection. Is it similar to the coax connections?
One other question, How does the 622DVR compare with TIVO DVR?

The 622 is so similar to the Tivo that Tivo is suing DISH over it. THey both have name based recording , 30 second skip . BUt the 622 has 3 tuners that you can record on : 1 ota/2 sat tuners. The tivo has better search features but I am sure you will like the 622. IT is the best hd dvr out there on the market.

It's simply a term for coax run(s) to TV2 or other TVs in your house.

With a major difference. The 222 and 622 have both channel 3 , 4 - 75 ohm out to a second TV. there is also a seperate 75 ohm jack for home distribution. This output jack allows you to modulate the Dish signal out around the house using the house CABLE TV network. Youn can have cable and TV antenna and Dish on the same cable. You can select any channel you want in the spectrum to make the signal compatible with any other sources that share the network. Never been offered before to my knowledge.

OK, so hardwiring is the only way to hook up TV2. What is the home distribution plugs for? If there is somewhere that will answer all my hookup questions, please direct me to it.
I used to use a Leapfrog from circuit city. As suggested above it is a wireless device. But be aware if you run wireless internet, you may need to change the broadcast channel to get rid of interference. Also, it interfered with Bluetooth on my wireless cell phone headset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)