sg-2100 loses accuracy over time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Is it normal for the sg-2100 motek H-H motor to lose a some accuracy over time. I have to admit i am a channel flipper and i swing the dish from G-10R to Amc-1 quite a bit.

I have a pansat 2500A receiver using usals. after a while I notice that i have to go into the usals menu and move the sat positions back 1 degree or so.

my pole is firmly mounted and plumb. I do notice that when i go into the menu and command the motor to go to reference "0" degrees it stops about 1 degree west of 0 degree mark on the motor.

So what i do is, i manually move the motor back to zero with the east/west button on the motor, then reset the motor with a paperclip. This does the trick for about a month and i have to do it again.

Is this normal? :)

I don't think its normal I have had mine running for around two years now without a problem. When you reset the motor did you also reset the receiver? Best to do both at the same time and start from scratch. They are solid little motors! Good Luck with it!

My SG2100 has been going good for about a year now. I do remember reading of one guy who said his motor shaft had gotten some "Slap" or
slack in it. Said he went into it and tightened up some screws which
removed the excessive looseness. You could check for that, but I haven't seen any in mine yet.

i didn't reset receiver at the same time

actually when i reset the motor, I have not been re-booting the receiver, there is probably the problem. thanks for the tip

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)