SG-2100 vs SG-6000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

satcom1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Near Chicago
SG-6000_vs_SG-2100

This is my comparison between these two H-H Motors. Just my opinions folks.

SG-2100

1.- Motor bracket distorts when bolts are tightened, this throws arc alignment off.

2.- Backlash adjuster allows hardware to come loose, allowing hardware to jam plastic drive gear.

3.- Can be used with Winegard 76 cm dish.

4.- Specified by manufacturer as Diseqc 1.2, no mention of USALS. Specified by retailer as USALS compliant. May be unlicensed version of Stab USALS firmware.

5.- Problem with supplier of Hall sensor magnet on some motors making motor overshoot satellite position, in USALS.

SG-6000

1.- Motor bracket redesigned for north and south hemisphere. Motor bracket new design, less likely to distort. Similar to Stab HH90.

2.- Backlash adjuster new design.

3. - Can be used with Winegard 76 cm dish. Stab HH-90 cannot.

4.- Specified by manufacturer as Diseqc 1.2 no mention of USALS. Specified by retailer as USALS compliant. May be unlicensed version of Stab USALS firmware.

5.- New design of Hall sensor magnet. May have fixed overshoot problem in USALS.

The circuit boards seem to be identical in both SG-2100 and SG-6000. Maybe same problem with getting replacement parts. Circuit board appears to be same as DG120 single button design. Some difference in placement of switch, LED and F connectors. Maybe improved insertion loss in SG-6000.

Nice comparison, thanks. Can you say which sg-2100 you are using? Is it a one or two button model? Can I take from your comparison you prefer the sg-6000? I'm curious about the insertion loss you mentioned, I by-passed my sg-2100 one button model and didn't see any increase in signal, I have some two button models here that I'lll try it on and see. I've read here that others have seen substantial insertion loss with the motor in line.

SG6000 looks better

I have had two different designs SG-2100. One button and two buttons. From what I've read on the forum more people like the one button version. That is what I have on the 76cm dish. It is marked internally as a DG120. The first SG-2100 was a DXM7000. Confused? Me too. SG2100 is a long story.

I am not recommending anything here. The SG6000 appears to be better in design.

I have had two different designs SG-2100. One button and two buttons. From what I've read on the forum more people like the one button version. That is what I have on the 76cm dish. It is marked internally as a DG120. The first SG-2100 was a DXM7000. Confused? Me too. SG2100 is a long story.

I am not recommending anything here. The SG6000 appears to be better in design.

I googled the sg6000 but can't find place of manufacture. Does it say anywhere on the motor or in the manual or on the box where the motor came from? I've had quite a few motors and overall the Moteck from Taiwan is a better motor than the mainland China ones...I have a couple of those DXM 7000's and don't recommend them(mainland China).

Sonset Digital is on the box but I would guess that all of the SG-XXXXX motors are manufactured in China. The labor costs there keep the product lowest priced in the industry. I had one motor that was made in Tiawan and had that in raised letters on the castings.

It won't be long and we will see quality products from China just like Japan then Tiawan. But in the mddle time it is buyer beware.

On the insertion loss issue, the older motors had a different foil inductor that choked the 1.5Ghz and prevented the RF from entering the circuit board.. The newer boards have higher insertion loss (China).

Perhaps you could provide some close up pictures of the connector-end of the motors, overall view, and bracket shots.
That would give us one place to look at what you are talking about.
Perhaps the PCB traces with/without the printed inductor?

I have seen the problem with certain dishes which you mentioned.
A picture would be good for everyone who is not familiar with the mechanical fit.

I have some close-ups inside an old 1-button 2100 and will post it if appropriate.

Perhaps you could provide some close up pictures of the connector-end of the motors, overall view, and bracket shots.
That would give us one place to look at what you are talking about.
Perhaps the PCB traces with/without the printed inductor?

I have seen the problem with certain dishes which you mentioned.
A picture would be good for everyone who is not familiar with the mechanical fit.

I have some close-ups inside an old 1-button 2100 and will post it if appropriate.

SG-6000 Satellite Dish Motor | Satellite Dish Motor for Ku Band Satellite dish & Free To Air FTA satellite dish motor HH positioner Diseqc 1.2 Digital Satellite motor SG2100 STAB

This link will take you to more information about the SG-6000 and some pretty good photos.

Yes, posting your pictures of a SG-2100 would be helpful. Please include the identification on the PCB foil, sg2100....dg120.

Not sure what you mean, "with/without printed inductor"
"

On the issue of the Stab HH90 not being compatible with the Winegard 76cm dish;

Stab HH90 was paired with Fortec Star 90 cm dish by some vendors. This was a sweet package because it gave you a dish that was solid on FTA G18 channels. It gave you true USALS, Stab wrote the standard on USALS. The dish pole bracket is further away from the back of the dish allowing rotation of elevation well past 35 degrees.

SG2100 has a motor tube and motor housing design that allow it to be used with a close coupled dish like the Winegard 76 cm and still swing dish elevation through a wide arc.

SG6000 Motor Pictures

Here is some pictures of the bracket of the SG6000 HH satellite motor. You can see that the latitude goes from 0 to 75 degrees.

The design of the back bracket allows it fit any pole snug. :up

Attachments

• sg60001.jpg
    sg60001.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 447
  • sg60002.jpg
    sg60002.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 425
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts