SG2100 H-H Motor Drive Parts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Does anyone know if you can buy spare parts (brackets, washers, bolts, etc.) for the SG2100 H-H motor drive?

I just got done repainting my SG2100 and am looking to replace all the washers and bolts. Does anyone have a parts list with sizes, qty, etc.?

yes

I would beat on our supporters for those things first, but didn't see 'em on the Sadoun site nor SatelliteAV's site.
I knew I'd seen 'em some place recently: IvyStonePlace
I tried to buy some LNBs from him a while back, and the price of shipping made it unattractive.
So, shop more if necessary.

Ivystoneplace sells those parts kits, brackets, main boards, motors, replacement gears, etc. Not sure if the sponsors here do or not, I'm sure they will chime in if they do.
Dam you Anole, beat me by 2 minutes:D

way off topic, but what the hey?

Hey StarMan - you snooze, you bruise. ;)

I see you're running a SkyMexico LNB. That's the one I mentioned above.
What do you think of those things? They look like DMSI products, to me.

I might buy three or four for fun 'n playing, but if they are as deaf as my grandmother, heck with 'em. :rolleyes:

I've found nice Invacom SNH-031's for $25, but haven't checked shipping.
Plus, they are heavy, and I'd really like some light LNBs.
Was thinking of some Xtreme units, maybe.

The Invacoms are heavy, I had a SNH-031 but didn't see it was any better than any of the others. Honestly, this Skymexico lnbf is really good, I ordered the Extreme II and the skymexico and the little, light, skymexico delivers more signal. I might add, I have a GeoSatPro dish and you need to have the lnbf all the way back to get in the right focal distance, the extreme, because of the way it is built made it so I couldn't get it back very far so that might be the reason for less signal. Anyway, for $6.99 you can't go wrong. I'm going to buy some more for playing around with. Not sure if they are DMSI, the one I got is unbranded, not a thing on it. The box has some Spanish on it....I think its Spanish. I noticed some DMSI branded standard lnbf's on that site that look identical to the Skymexico, I think I might check out one of those too. They are small, don't catch much wind and are light. Wish I could find a circular one that size.

StarMan -

Thanks for the feedback.
Maybe I'll have to order three to amortize the high shipping.
Wish our regular advertizers sold 'em.

....and would it kill 'em to put two outputs on them? :cool:

We sell all those spare parts for our Digipower SG2100 motor as well. We will post them on the website soon.

Call us at 1-888-519-9595 during business hours and ask to speak to Steve. He will take care of your parts needs.

Went to Home Depot today and found that the following bolts, nuts and washers work really well with the SG2100 H-H motor drive:

QTY DESCRIPTION
4 Hex Bolt 8mm 1 25 x 20mm
(Used to attach motor to elevation bracket)
4 Hex Nut 8mm 1 25
(Used on U bracket)
4 Flat washer 10mm 10
(Used on U bracket)
4 Flat washer 8mm 8

Home Depot didn't seem to have these available in stainless steel that I was looking for, but now since I know these sizes work well I can look for another source.

The nuts are easy to find, its the square U-bolt that is very tough to locate. Don't make a mistake and use two regular bolts in place of the U-bolt, it will cause your motor bracket to bend once you tighten them.

What I did last year was to drill out the holes in the motor bracket to accept a slightly larger and easier to find U-bolt, which I purchased from an ACE Hardware store. The results were great, no more stripping of the U-bolt, no more corrosion.

Went to Home Depot today and found that the following bolts, nuts and washers work really well with the SG2100 H-H motor drive:

QTY DESCRIPTION
4 Hex Bolt 8mm 1 25 x 20mm
4 Hex Nut 8mm 1 25
(Used on U bracket)
4 Flat washer 10mm 10
(Used on U bracket)
4 Flat washer 8mm 8

Home Depot didn't seem to have these available in stainless steel that I was looking for, but now since I know these sizes work well I can look for another source.

Thanks, printed this out, I know I will need it at some point. If anyone knows the exact size of the square u-bolts post it here, I've looked for them, can find them close to the right size but no bulls-eye.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts