SG2100 Insertion loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've worked out of Schaumburg, Harvard and a regional office in Elk Grove Village. I worked for them as a Factory Autherized Radio Technician, check out that acronym. But the business card said FTR.

Maybe I could be an "OLD F.R.T." , I had some repair classes on the jedi series ( 8000's ) mtx 800 and 810, Quantar and MSF 5000 repeaters, and the trunked system admin. I really should assemble my certificates, and try to get "OLD F.R.T." certification. :)

Best thing I found about Schaumburg is the Papadeaux restaurant. We'd pig out twice a week at that joint.

:)

Bin there done dat, too. Now Past President of Old F._.R.T. association.

I'm thinking of getting a STAB HH motor, do you use USALS with yours?

Bin there done dat, too. Now Past President of Old F._.R.T. association.

I'm thinking of getting a STAB HH motor, do you use USALS with yours?

Yes, I do use USALS with my STAB hh90. I really like the repeatability of the hh90. My next motor will probably be a hh100 . The STAB motors have a type of absolute encoder for positioning, so , unless they're broke, they don't get lost and have to be reset. 3 year warranty helps make up for the higher price, in my mind.
:)

Brent,

Thanks for that, I just bought a Stab HH 90. I gave up on the SG2100 also known as the DG-120.

Tom

H-H Motor Insertion loss

If you want to determine "roughly" what/or if your motor is decreasing your Signal Quality you can do this simple test. :D

1.- Select a viewable channel but one in mid-range SQ. Record Level.

2.- Go to your motor with a Female to Female Coupler.

3.- Remove the coax from the H-H Motor and insert the Coupler.

4.- Return to the TV and record the SQ.

If the SQ has changed more then 4% :confused: you will want to try this remedy.

The Dollar Tree sells F connector signal splitteres for $1. Take the cover off the back of the splitter and remove the Ferrite Bead transformer. Add the components as shown in the picrures. The wire that goes straight across is the receiver to LNBF connection. The choke passes the signalling from the receiver to the H-H Motor. Note the part number and source for the RF choke. www.mouser.com . :cool:

Attachments

• PIC00044.jpg
    PIC00044.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 229
  • PIC00043.jpg
    PIC00043.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 232
If you want to determine "roughly" what/or if your motor is decreasing your Signal Quality you can do this simple test. :D

1.- Select a viewable channel but one in mid-range SQ. Record Level.

2.- Go to your motor with a Female to Female Coupler.

3.- Remove the coax from the H-H Motor and insert the Coupler.

4.- Return to the TV and record the SQ.

If the SQ has changed more then 4% :confused: you will want to try this remedy.

The Dollar Tree sells F connector signal splitteres for $1. Take the cover off the back of the splitter and remove the Ferrite Bead transformer. Add the components as shown in the picrures. The wire that goes straight across is the receiver to LNBF connection. The choke passes the signalling from the receiver to the H-H Motor. Note the part number and source for the RF choke. www.mouser.com . :cool:

Good idea. While at the Dollar Tree pick yourself up a cereal bowl as I mentioned in another post. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts