sg2100 installation a success...FINALLY

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark2074

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, ON
OK guys I finally had a chance to get on the roof (roof was dry enough to climb on) then I loosened the bolts to the sg2100 to my true south bird (AMC-5) and presto! I have the arc!!! I rotated the dish and motor until I had a strong signal on AMC-5. I can now get birds from PAS-9 to about Anik F2 (tree is in the way for the others) :-( . Wow I can't believe I finally did it.

Now the next question would be what should I use for the position setting? 1.2 or USALS? I saw another discussion thread about this topic. With USALS seems to miss a bit. I find that I have to nudge the dish abit to get much better quality. I am using the Pansat 2500a. It looks like you can set them both up. Different birds for different settings.

I use the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra and the USALS works PERFECT for all but one or two birds so thats what I use mainly. I would use whatever gets you the most signal quality. Well done on the install I knew you were not far away!

congrats Mark!
I use 1.2 (use to use USALS but it always seemed to be one notch off) and its bang on :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts