sg2100 + monster LNBF(C+L+C+L) and Chieta

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bash2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
PA
I have a question I cant seem to get my 4x1 diseqc switch to work with 2 inputs coming from my LNBF. The diseqc will work with just one coaxial run from the lNBF but as soon i hook up 2 coaxial lines into the switch the quailty bar gets jumpy and won't show which satillte i am lock. My LNBF has 4 inputs circualar+linear+circualar+linear.
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Attachments

• LNBF.JPG
    LNBF.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 201
  • switch.JPG
    switch.JPG
    544.3 KB · Views: 205
Bash2,
I have the exact same set up motor switch and LNB! I would say it might be your switch that could be the culprit since you said that it works fine going straight through with out the switch.

Have you tried each port on the switch? 1 2 3 4?

Try these options:

1. Check coax, make sure no shorts in your small jumpers
2. Try different ports on the switch
3. Make sure all connections are on the right place (easy to put something in the wrong place)

4. If you got a spare, try another switch

If you know your coax is fine, everything in the right place it is your switch that is bad and needs replaced!

FREE TIP: NEVER have the POWER on when switching out, adding switches or removing them. It will damage them and or your receiver.

I am not saying that you done this, I have though and killed a switch and the ultimate; killed a new Coolsat 6000 once when I thought it was turned off but was not conecting the coax to the back.

I switch the power off the back of the box before performing any changes that requires coax changes.

Another thing to try is put the coax on the other spare port C L side of the Invacom, see what that does.

If your mounting of the switch is exposed to the WX, (Looks like yours is) make sure you keep the water out of it for that will effect them! Cap off unused ports. You can find places that sells Weather Proof Boxs for just for them.

I would venture to say it is your switch that is bad.

If you got a spare one, try putting it in line and see if that works.

That is a good switch though, I never had any trouble with that brand, and I even bought another one recent for a back up just in case!

Get another switch. I would say that dude is bad!

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

I have a question I cant seem to get my 4x1 diseqc switch to work with 2 inputs coming from my LNBF. The diseqc will work with just one coaxial run from the lNBF but as soon i hook up 2 coaxial lines into the switch the quailty bar gets jumpy and won't show which satillte i am lock. My LNBF has 4 inputs circualar+linear+circualar+linear...

I agree that the switch is probably the problem, and I too have a similar setup, but with different brand switch. But you never said whether you're going Receiver-->SG2100--> switch or Receiver-->Switch--->SG2100 . I assume you're doing the former, but just wanted to make sure. Also, the switches I have, several different brands, basically have an open hole to the inside through those un-used inputs, so cover up that top input before it rains, or it will get water inside. I just put my switches in an upside down plastic container. I leave the bottom open for ventilation, as I used to more completely enclose the things, but then you'd get condensation with temperature changes, and the inside would be permanently wet.

The only other thing (besides bad switch) I can think of, is that those switches do have some degree of signal loss, some worse than others, and if your signal is at all marginal, maybe the loss of signal through the switch is the problem.

Thanks for the responds,

I hooked another switch same problems try different inputs seem one or other works. Somehow in receiver menu the signal all jumpy and doesn't seem to lock on the satellite but without switch its locks weird. my Setup is reciever -s2100-switch 1.0-LNBF.

Chieta was the 2.0 switch but this time around i hooked up 1.0 disqec switch not sure if this makes any difference but my reciever has 1.0 in the menu .

Ill cover the switch with to avoid water or moister as you guys suggested.

Thanks

Replace the switch with a barrel connector. Try a Circular Sat, then a Linear.
Remember to always unplug or power down using the switch on the back of the receiver before connecting or disconnecting any switch.

Which receiver are you using?

I can get circular sat but cant seem to get linear but when i hook the LNB without the switch or just hook linear Sat from LNB to the switch it works fine. The receiver I got is Viewsat ultra.

"Replace the switch with a barrel connector. Try a Circular Sat, then a Linear." Lak7

I am confused about barrel connector I wouldn't be able get both Sat correct?

Thanks

I can get circular sat but cant seem to get linear but when i hook the LNB without the switch or just hook linear Sat from LNB to the switch it works fine. The receiver I got is Viewsat ultra.

"Replace the switch with a barrel connector. Try a Circular Sat, then a Linear." Lak7

I am confused about barrel connector I wouldn't be able get both Sat correct?

Thanks

A barrel connector has the female on both ends.

f-fsmall.jpg

Try this, go to a KU bird of your choice, Bypass the motor, switch all together! Hook your coax line (main line) directly into the L side of the LNB.

Now make sure you are in your box menu set-up settings on L.O. 1750 setting on the LNB.

Turn 22K Tone off!

No Switch or none.

If it works make sure all your KU birds are set-up in the main menu as L.O. 1750 then save.

Connect the switch back, mine is port 1 Linear or L, port 2 is the Circular L.O. 11250 side C for me.

Now In your box main set-up menu you have to tell the Linear & Circular side what to use on all sats in the box then save.

All DBS is circular so it they need to be set to the C side of the LNB, port 2 if you set up port 2 circular that way!

All KU FTA is Linear so it they need to be set to the L side of the LNB, port 1 if you set up port 1 linear that way!

22K Tone OFF!

Try that and see what that does!

Remember

Linear outputs the L.O. = 10750
Circular outputs the L.O. = 11250
L.O. means Local Oscillator

K E V I N

Last edited:
Thank you all for the helpful informations.

I did get it to work as you guys suggested. Funny thing is that all cilrcualr sat comes with 10750 and not 11250 kinda of weird. I used disqec 1.0 instead of chieta 2.0 not sure if that had anything do with it. I had bypass switch and directly to recieiver by sg2100 and tweak the sat for both L and C sat thasn went back hooked up the SWITCH. I still have go into the the reciever and change setting everyting when i jump to different sat but hey it works (more work involved)

22k tone off or on?? or 22k should be on for linear and not for circular or vice versa?

Again thx for the help

Bash

About Got It!

Bash2,
Glad to see that you got it to work somewhat.

When you are in the system setup where you store your information that you store for each satellite what port has what side and save! You will have to do that with all your scanned satellites again. Basically tell the box where to look for the signal, KU birds linear set at 10750
and DBS birds set at 11250 for the Circular C side.

The box will not remember this on just one satellite saved this way, you have to save it for each satellite you have scanned in your list in the receiver!

I would remember how you got everything setup in the receiver and do a factory reset and start from new! That way when you scan in the bird’s one at a time you can set up the proper LNB, USALS for the motor and what port on the switch is what the box is going to use for what side of the LNB. Don’t forget to re-enter you longitude and latitude in your box again.

I do a factory re-set about every 4 or five months and start all over, you will be amazed on how well your receiver will act and perform and hey, the re-scan of the satellites finds new things most of the time!

Let us know how you’re coming along, sounds like you’re on the right track.

What kind of receiver are you using?

K E V I N

Thank you all for the helpful informations.

I did get it to work as you guys suggested. Funny thing is that all cilrcualr sat comes with 10750 and not 11250 kinda of weird. ......

I would assume that you are finding these channels on the circular sats via blind search and that the transponders come in with incorrect frequencies?

Basically, if you're using blind search on a standard lnbf, it doesn't really matter much what LO freq you use, you'll still find whatever channels are there, it's just that they will show up at different frequencies. On the other hand, if you use a transponder scan, using the actual frequencies, then you won't find the correct transponder if use the wrong LO freq. This possibility assumes that you are correctly using the proper port on the LNBF, but using the wrong LO freq.

The other possibility, assuming that you're using the wrong port on the LNBF, is that generally, you can lock one or two circular sats using the linear ports on these C/L lnbfs . Usually, for me, I can lock the 12224 transponders on any DBS sat using the linear port and it's correct 10750 LO freq, however most of the time there is too much cross polarity interferrence on the higher freq transponders to lock them, but often it's possible to get a few. In this case, the transponders will come in with their proper freq.

Status
Please reply by conversation.