sg2100 motor problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

k735explorer

Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
I have an sg2100 motor on my dish. It had been working fine until last night. It will only go east and will not go west at all. I have tried on the motor itself and on the receiver. It doesn't make any noise when I try to move it west. The greenlight is on until I push the west button and then it turns orange. Has anyone had this problem or any suggestions on how to fix?

Perhaps it's lost it's mind ? I would push the reset button to initialize the motor. Remove power , restore power, and see if it would THEN move both directions. If it does move, I'd move it to the zero position, and do another reset, and power down.
This should get the critter back to a normal state, I think.
:)

Is the reset done by pushing both the east and the west buttons on the motor at the same time? If so I tried that and it still does't work.:(

My SG2100 has a small hole that a paper clip fits into to reset the motor. Press it for a few seconds - light goes from green to orange back to green if I remember right.

Sounds like he has the same newer model as me. You press both buttons for reset. I happen to have the same problem for the last week or so. Won't always move east. Never had this problem with my previous SG2100. I set every Sat to motor to horizontal and it seems a little better but I know it's not right.

My SG2100 motor had the same problem, only motoring west and not going east, at times. Drove me crazy until I decided to break the seal on the case and open it up. I had already ordered a new motor to replace it, so I went for it. The motor that I had was the one that has the hole to reset with a paper clip. I put it on the workbench and took the cover off and hooked it up to my receiver and it worked great. So, after testing for a while, put the cover back on the motor and tested again. The motor wouldn't move east. Took the cover off again and noticed that it has a divider between the printed circuit board side and the motor side. I noticed long wire ends sticking out of the back side of the circuit board and realized that with motor vibration, could be touching the divider on the motor cover. I trimmed all of the protruding wires, put the cover back on and cured the problem. Because my problem was intermittent, I decided to open the case, rather than sending it back to Sadoun for testing, fearing that since the problem was intermittent, it would work properly on their bench and end up costing me all shipping costs and possible labor charges. I'm not recommending taking it apart if under warranty, but in my case, I figured the cost of replacing the motor was cheap enough & worst case senario, was that I'd have a back up motor.

glater, that's a good idea... I busted open my seal when I ordered my second one two, but couldn't diagnose the problem. Your post gives me inspiration to go back and tinker some more...

sg2100 information

Thanks to all that responded. I did find out from the company that in order to reset the motor you do the following:
1. turn off the power to the motor.
2. disconnect the dish from the motor.
3. press down and hold both the east and west buttons on the motor.
4. turn on the power while holding both buttons down for approx. 15 seconds. The greenlight will blink green and orange. When it quits blinking it will turn green. Let up on both buttons and the motor will automatically go back to 0 degrees.
I did this and it did go back but there is something wrong with the motor itself so I had to send it back under warrenty anyway. This might help someone else with a reset problem because the book says nothing about holding down the buttons for approx. 15 seconds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts