SG2100 MOTOR+QPH031 QUAD LNB Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bash2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
PA
I purchased the
39" SATELLITE DISH+SG2100 MOTOR+QPH031 QUAD LNB 33/36

and waiting for its arrival. My question is after i set this up correctly (finger crossed) would I be able to get Galaxy 25 at 97W and galaxy 18 at 123 W without moving the motor or is that too much of a spread?? Any tips or suggestion with this set up would be greatly appreciated.

If I attach another Linear LNB to QPH031 that might work? I know finding 97W is very hard and time consuming so I want to try to find 97W first than try to find 123W.

Thank You

Well I could move it but was wondering since this LNB has 4 outout 2 for linear and 2 circular was wondering if its possible without moving it? I figure moving it all time is time consuming or that not true? If i have too I will but was just curouis if its possible? I will be moving the Sat just to play with my new toy and get all free channels for different satillte that are true Fta.

Well I could move it but was wondering if its possible to get both at same time withtout since this LNBF has 4 Output 2 are just dedicated for linear. I will definately use it to move this dish to enjoy all the true FTA in the sky.

With the single lnbf, you can only get the satellite you are aimed at, not multiple orbital locations. The qph-031 receives either circular or linear polarity, but only picks up a single satellite at a time. Your will use your motor to move from sat to sat.
:)

two answers:

- no, not even with multiple LNBs (97° to 123° is too far)

- the four LNB outputs of the QPH-031 all look at the same one satellite

- no, not even with multiple LNBs (97° to 123° is too far)

- the four LNB outputs of the QPH-031 all look at the same one satellite
I'll bet ya that if you're at a location like 91w it would see 2 different sats ,1-circular and 1 -linear both at the same orbital location. As far as 97 to 123 being too far apart on the same dish with multiple lnb's, arent there 5 lnb holders that go from 82w all the way to 119 on a 24" elliptical.

I'll bet ya that if you're at a location like 91w it would see 2 different sats ,1-circular and 1 -linear both at the same orbital location. As far as 97 to 123 being too far apart on the same dish with multiple lnb's, arent there 5 lnb holders that go from 82w all the way to 119 on a 24" elliptical.

That dish would not be big enough for FTA. Besides that, that's a big span with lots of birds, with the size of the LNB you can only do 4 degree spacing.

Okay, I should have said:
- the four LNB outputs of the QPH-031 all look at the same one satellite orbital location
... but I think everyone knew what I meant. :rolleyes:

Glen has already covered the other point:
You can't get that big a span on the FTA satellites.
.... well, except maybe on a big T-90 dish.
And there're darned few you can get at all on a 24" dish. :(
You -can- get a big spread with the high powered circular Pay satellites.

Bash2

That satellite package you are getting off of Ebay sounds like the same one I ordered! :up I received a "MONSTER" lnbf (clone or knockoff) instead of the INVACOM and was not happy about it even though the listing stated INVACOM. I sent the lnbf back without trying it and I am waiting for the INVACOM to arrive. Let us know what you do get and how she works!

What part of PA are you located??? I am west of Erie! :)

I finally received the equipment and still working on setting it up.

Dan I live on the East side of PA near Philly.

Dishman Dan I received a "MONSTER" lnbf (clone or knockoff) instead of the INVACOM and was not happy about it even though the listing stated INVACOM
Mine is same way "Monster" looking INVACOM. How you know if its a clone? No that ill be returning because it took forever to get it.

Dan how you got those 4 LNBF inputs hook up to the motor because motor only has one input for receiver or do I have to use Disqc in-between to get L and C signal?

Thanks Bash

http://www.satelliteguys.us/member.php?u=115809

If you are sure you have the real QPH-031 Invacom product, the connectors are labeled something like: C..L..C..L
You would hook an "L" and a "C" to two inputs of a diseqc switch; the output of the switch to the motor, and the output of the motor to your receiver.
(see links below)

If you have the clone it's unclear how it hooks up.

The Switches Simplified FAQ:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/134124-switch-setups-simplified.html
- Motor and QPH-031 LNB:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/134124-switch-setups-simplified.html#post1344310

Thanks Anole you always been to my rescue :)

I got Switched setup know one for L and for C.

This is where the hard part comes trying to set up the dish properly.

These are my settings for my location
Your Location Satellite Data Dish Setup Data Latitude: 40.3159°
Longitude: -76.0126°
Name: 77.0W Echostar 4 (incl. 0.7°) | Galaxy 4R (incl. 1.9°)​
Distance: 37533km
Motor Latitude: 40.3°
Declination Angle: 6.3°
Dish Elevation: °
Elevation: 43.4°
Azimuth (true): 181.5°
Azimuth (magn.): 193.4°
LNB Skew [?]: 1.2°

-I have my dish elevation set at 33.3 ( 40 minus 6.7=33.3)
-my motor elevation set at 40.0
-skew at 0 and
-motor at zero

Am I on the right track??

Also the motor has label on onside left Elevation and Longitude on other side.

My true south is 180

I personally think my true south maybe not setup right.

Any help would be appreciated

These are my settings for my location
Your Location Satellite Data Dish Setup Data Latitude: 40.3159°
Longitude: -76.0126°
Name: 77.0W Echostar 4 (incl. 0.7°) | Galaxy 4R (incl. 1.9°)​
Distance: 37533km
Motor Latitude: 40.3°
Declination Angle: 6.3°
Dish Elevation: °
Elevation: 43.4°
Azimuth (true): 181.5°
Azimuth (magn.): 193.4°
LNB Skew [?]: 1.2°

-I have my dish elevation set at 33.3 ( 40 minus 6.7=33.3)
-my motor elevation set at 40.0
-skew at 0 and
-motor at zero

Am I on the right track??

Also the motor has label on onside left Elevation and Longitude on other side.

My true south is 180

I personally think my true south maybe not setup right.

Any help would be appreciated
- Sadoun site has a great motor install page.
- I believe common wisdom on the 2100's is to set the motor Latitude Scale to your latitude: 40.3159°
- yes, set skew to 0 when on your true south bird, and motor at zero.
- no, your true south satellite would be your longitude not 180, so "-76.0126°" or the closest bird to that.
- and actual South for you on a compass is around 191.7° due to your local magnetic error of -11.7°

I finally received the equipment and still working on setting it up.

Dan I live on the East side of PA near Philly.

Dishman Dan I received a "MONSTER" lnbf (clone or knockoff) instead of the INVACOM and was not happy about it even though the listing stated INVACOM
Mine is same way "Monster" looking INVACOM. How you know if its a clone? No that ill be returning because it took forever to get it.

Dan how you got those 4 LNBF inputs hook up to the motor because motor only has one input for receiver or do I have to use Disqc in-between to get L and C signal?

Thanks Bash

I have no lnbf to play with! :mad: I am STILL waiting for the replacement! :mad: The tag on the one I received and sent back said MONSTER LNBF right on it. :mad:

Thanks Dan :)

I purchased the
39" SATELLITE DISH+SG2100 MOTOR+QPH031 QUAD LNB 33/36

and waiting for its arrival. My question is after i set this up correctly (finger crossed) would I be able to get Galaxy 25 at 97W and galaxy 18 at 123 W without moving the motor or is that too much of a spread?? Any tips or suggestion with this set up would be greatly appreciated.

If I attach another Linear LNB to QPH031 that might work? I know finding 97W is very hard and time consuming so I want to try to find 97W first than try to find 123W.

Thank You

Bash,

No, you won't be able to accomplish this. 97W and 123W are too far apart.

Don't worry about your motor having to move back and forth between the two sats for you to channel surf. The SG-2100 motor will handle it fine. The only drawback you will find is that you will have to wait while the dish moves.

You can reduce this somewhat if your receiver allows you to enter favorite channel groups. Use one favorite group that contains all channels from one sat and another fav group for the other sat.

Radar

Last edited:
I have no lnbf to play with! :mad: I am STILL waiting for the replacement! :mad: The tag on the one I received and sent back said MONSTER LNBF right on it. :mad:

Thanks Dan :)

I recommend reporting these sellers to eBay as "item not as described" or similar. (whatever the right choice is under "report issue")

Claiming it is an Invacom in the listing and shipping you a "Monster" is fraud.

Well, thanks, but...

I just took a year and studied all the current switch wisdom being handed out on the forum.
Eventually, I finally felt comfortable with it.

But when people kept asking the same questions over and over, I thought it was time for a Switch FAQ.
Most all the knowledge in it is right off the many threads here on the forum.
All I did was listen! - :cool:

Let me extend my thanks to all the fine members who handed out the knowledge as requested.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)