SG2100 reset

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I frequently have to do that, but sometimes I get away without it. I have two motorized dishes, and if I want to swap receivers, I park both dishes on 87W ( my true south ) . Then , I turn off the boxes, switch cables, and see how they work. More often than not, both dishes work fine. Sometimes , though, I have to initialize the stb driving the SG2100, and reset the motor, too.
Never happens with the STAB motor, I think because of the absolute encoder that it has. The STAB just keeps on chugging, no matter which USALS box is driving it.
Hope this helps.
:)

Thanks, Brentb. I had done that with the other receivers and had no problem. Then I got my Coolsat 8000. Having problems here.

Can you point the dish at your True south bird using another receiver , and then set up the Coolsat using that bird first ? Or is that pretty much what you've been trying ? I don't have any good answers, these motors sometimes seem to have a mind of their own.
My SG2100 wouldn't go anywhere yesterday, so I ended up resetting it about 3 times, and starting from factory default on a Merc II, and now it's working just fine. How do you figure?

:(

I would certainly do a motor reset if you have been using DiSEqC 1.2 to control your motor and change the receiver to a different one. Using USALS, however, I have found that a motor reset is usually not necessary.

What does a reset do both electrically and mechanically? I've reset a SG2100 a couple times. It's been near zero when I did it. It appeared the motor did something which I assumed was re-established zero. What info is stored in the motor unit and is it reset?

I believe the default sat position table is loaded , as well as establishing the zero point. If you were using Diseqc 1.2 mode, where you store sat positions in the motor, then those would be cleared.
:)

What does a reset do both electrically and mechanically? I've reset a SG2100 a couple times. It's been near zero when I did it. It appeared the motor did something which I assumed was re-established zero. What info is stored in the motor unit and is it reset?

As Brent stated, the DiSEqC 1.2 positions (if you set any) are stored in the motor. These should be cleared by a reset, although this is not always the case. As you assumed, a reset also re-establishes reference (0) position. For this reason, you should always make sure the motor is exactly at '0', using the manual move buttons if necessary, before a reset.

Thanks for the replies. Fortunately Anik F2 @ 111.1 deg. is nearly true south for my location. If I understand correctly if the motor were at something other than zero, a reset would cause that position to become the "new" zero. As many know the manuals were written by folks with English as their 2nd, 3rd,....... language. In fact the reset procedure in my manual only said to push the two buttons with the unit powered off. Nothing about powering on with the buttons pushed.... which takes two people.

At this point the motor is "moot". I've got too many trees blocking the view of key satellites so I have to find another location for the motorized setup. For now I've got my dish parked on AMC3 until a solution can be found.

Thanks to all of you for your responses! For now on I will reset my SG2100 every time I replace a FTA receiver to ensure proper operation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)