SG2100 will not work with a FORTEC STAR FC120CM dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Hi i just bought a SG2100 and a FORTEC STAR FC120CM dish from sadoun.I have come to find out that the Sg2100 cannot move the fortec 120cm dish back up the arc once you go to a far west satellite.If i go to G10,echo 121 etc the dish will not return eastward.I have to go outside and manually push the dish to make it move back up the arc.This is a real bummer.The SG2100 says it can handle 1.2 cm dishes but i don't think this is true because the fortec 120cm dish is very light compared to other dishes.I can see no way i can use this dish with the SG2100.Does the stab hh 120 have the same problem with this dish?Does anyone have the SG2100 working with the fortec star 1.20 cm dish.I cannot find one post with someone using this dish and the SG2100.I read several good comments on the site about this motor but on the fortec 1.20 it will definely not work.

One should confirm that you have a genuine SG-2100, made by the original Moteck factory, and not something else. There are some knockoffs in almost lookalike packaging out there, made by other companies, and sometimes claiming to be genuine, but more than once this has been found to be not true.

I've read about a few others having that problem... I wonder if some kind of counter-weight would solve it.

Last edited:
mikekohl said:
One should confirm that you have a genuine SG-2100, made by the original Moteck factory, and not something else. There are some knockoffs in almost lookalike packaging out there, made by other companies, and sometimes claiming to be genuine, but more than once this has been found to be not true.
I bought it from sadoun it says at his sight they com from the moteck factory

You asked if anyone has that problem with the HH 120 motor.
I use tha motor with the 120cm dish.No problem.
Reinhold.

I am using the Stab HH120 and the GEOSATPRO 1.2M here and have had no problems.

I have a SG2100 with a 1.2m fiberglass dish and a fabricated mount to reduce the weight for a total of 28lbs and my motor appears to move it without any issues so far.

Wildboys.....if you go out to the motor and use the manual button can u get it to bo back towards East?

Here is the problem:

From Sadoun's website, the SG2100 is rated for dishes up to 27lbs. The Fortec 120cm dish is about 31lbs. ( I had mine weight at sadoun's when I bought mine).

The other two motors they sell that can fit a 120cm dish is the HH120 and the SM3D22.

The HH120 is rated up to 37.5lbs
The SM3D22 is rated up to 27lbs

While all three of these are rated to handle the diameter of a 120cm dish, only one of them can handle the weight.

I am going to have to replace mine too :(

EDIT: Sadoun does have a statement that says that 120cm dish requires a STABHH120

Last edited:
I ran into a similiar issue on the mounts lately. I ordered an M1 system for a friend with the 90cm dish upgrade. You can't get the 90cm polemount dish only the 90 u-bolt mount. I didn't realize this as I ordered mine and it came with a 90P. I don't like the u-bolt as its just another point of failure on the dish. So I ended up having to pay $10 for the mount and $10 for shipping.

Would I order another system from Sadoun? YES! They support this site. But...they are slacking lately.

LordAlex said:
Wildboys.....if you go out to the motor and use the manual button can u get it to bo back towards East?
If i push the manual button i have to push the dish to make it move eastward while pushing manual button

Link doesn't work

but on the motor, does it say "Moteck" or does it say "DigiPower"? I got snookered by an ebay auction. Thought I had a Moteck SG2100 and got a Digitpower

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 218
I was looking at my receipt from Sadoun and it states "SG2100 Moteck Motor", but it only says Digipower on the motor itself.

thiggin2 said:
I was looking at my receipt from Sadoun and it states "SG2100 Moteck Motor", but it only says Digipower on the motor itself.
my receipt says SG2100 moteck motor also but the box says Digipower not moteck

I found this pic from Moteck website. Zoom into the lable on the motor, it states "Digipower". :confused:

Attachments

• EDM-SG2100.jpg
    EDM-SG2100.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 277
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts