Shall we raise our HD Lite, Captain?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
:D Disgratefull commercial....:D

"Shall we raise our shield Captain?" At ease... Forget the Shield.... I wished he relax and enjoy the AMAZING PICTURE CLAIRITY OF THE D(ownresized)IRECTV HD I HOOKED Up. Star Flee just put up the BIG SCREEN TV... certainly for Cable it will be illogical.... For picture qualiy that beats cable, you have to get D(ownresized)IRECTV.

First of all the word is disgraceful, not disgrateful and the commercial is not as bad as the "Football 24/7" promo Dish is running. What exactly is Dish offering that no one else is? Big deal. I can watch a cut down version of a game 2 or 3 days later in HD. As I type this I am flipping through 6 live games in HD. You can't do that with Dish.

riffjim4069 said:
I haven't seen it, but it should be against the law to use Picture Quality and DirecTV in the same sentence.:rolleyes:
My PQ is great, wonder what is wrong with yours?

Mtnmike said:
My PQ is excellent and I have D* and so must you:up

it is subpar from D*. Having E* i notice they have a better PQ. Also D* should be ashamed of using and abusing Star Trek for a erroneous plug about a substandard service they offer. Shame on D*:down

Mtnmike said:
My PQ is excellent and I have D* and so must you:up

Maybe you were talking about OTA HD! If so I agree it looks pretty good with D*, however at least with my set-up E* looks better but I can only see/record one OTA channel so then I use D* to record two more if needed.

This place is absolutely amazing. People who have never seen the PQ I get from D* is telling me how bad it is. I have no problem with it and yes, I have seen Dish's PQ and it is not better. D* should be ashamed for making an erroneous plug? Dish claims Football 24/7 with the very overated Tiki Barber. No one can answer me, but what exactly are the people getting? They make it sound similar to Sunday Ticket but it is not even close. I always thought this was a neutral site, but I guess not.

bgilga said:
This place is absolutely amazing. People who have never seen the PQ I get from D* is telling me how bad it is. I have no problem with it and yes, I have seen Dish's PQ and it is not better. D* should be ashamed for making an erroneous plug? Dish claims Football 24/7 with the very overated Tiki Barber. No one can answer me, but what exactly are the people getting? They make it sound similar to Sunday Ticket but it is not even close. I always thought this was a neutral site, but I guess not.
Yup, Yup. Yup,. and Nope. There's a history here of Dishmates and Voomers, so don't be so surprised...but...D* is making more of a running of late. The debate on HD PQ has been going on since the stone age. I'm with you - my D* HD is fantastic, everyone who sees it agrees - it doesn't matter to me that a total stranger who hasn't seen it thinks differently. After a day of great HD NFL Ticket, my HR20 DVR working without any problems since I got it, and plenty of good HD broadcasts this weekend...life is good. :)

I love my HD nationals on D*. I don't know if it is the best but it is fine.

When I cancelled E* it was for several reasons, but the easiest to tell the CSR was no NFL ST. Then they tried to convince me that what they have is just as good or better for an NFL fan!

Until (if ever) E* gets ST, they should try to avoid the subject and move on to some other sales pitch.

E* does have something similar to Sunday Ticket. They have to. They keep advertising it. I love watching replays of half a game on Tuesday or Wednesday. It is so much better than watching it live. I guess if you are watching Rave or Monsters HD all day Sunday, you will need to watch the replay. Thank God for NFL Replay, it is so much better than Sunday Ticket. I wish I could see it. Wait a minute, I can.

Last edited:
Sean, thanks for starting another thread about D* PQ, like we really need one. :rolleyes:

bgilga said:
He loves starting trouble.

It was tiring enough when he was a D* customer but he's gone to cable last I heard. He's more of a D* troll now, what a drop from SatGuys person of the year.

rad said:
It was tiring enough when he was a D* customer but he's gone to cable last I heard. He's more of a D* troll now, what a drop from SatGuys person of the year.

I did not pay for a national commercial putting Best PQ HD and DirecTv in the same service. The truth is that PQ of DirecTv HD is not near lots of cable companies or even E*. This is just another D* false advertising. If you do not like it, tough!!!! but the truth has to be told. They are the ones that put up the advertising, I did not. If that makes me a "troll", what makes you for attacking me. I haven't said anything beyond what the commercial said. In the light of what we all know... it is shameful of D* to make this bogus claim....

Sean, how can you laugh when E* has the same downrezzed programming. You need to update your signature "Better TV For All" is really OTA. Full 18Mbps transmissions ALWAYS. Why not bash E*'s ad campaign? I keep both services because neither of them has it all. They both suck if you ask me.

E* has false advertising with better TV for all also. Not only are they the 3rd place provider of the top 3 but they pull the same crap all the others do with HD.

24/7 Football is DEFINITELY questionable. That is like me saying I have sex 24/7 because it is "always on" in my mind. But like you (I'm sure) I spend most my time ja**ing-off NOT playing the game.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)