Sharp AQUOS 37" question

gdodd12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
First question, what is the general conscensus of this TV?

Second question. There is a model LC37D42U and LC37D43U. For the life of me I can't find ANYTHING about the differences of the two sets. Sharp's site doesn't even have the LC37D43U on it. Anyone know anything about these two?

THanks.

First question, what is the general conscensus of this TV?

Second question. There is a model LC37D42U and LC37D43U. For the life of me I can't find ANYTHING about the differences of the two sets. Sharp's site doesn't even have the LC37D43U on it. Anyone know anything about these two?

THanks.

Normally when you see a number change there is a difference in TVs.One may be
720p and the other 1080p.One might have 1 HDMI and the other one 2 HDMI.Even
one might be the 2006 model and the other 2007.Don't know too much about those models but if you research it further you should see some difference in the
TVs and that would be the reason behind the number change.Good Luck!:) :welcome

have a 2 year old Sharp 37in LCD, 1080, it's been an awesome TV. There have been issues with Aquos TV's made in their new factory, some type of color issues so be careful.

I was bored so I called Sharp, there is no difference between the two, except the 43 was released 1 month after the 42. There was some plant issues with some TV's, so he suggest you go with the later model which is the 43.

I was bored so I called Sharp, there is no difference between the two, except the 43 was released 1 month after the 42. There was some plant issues with some TV's, so he suggest you go with the later model which is the 43.

Thanks man. Thats the model I went with, so thats good. I emailed them for info, and they never responded. Guess I should have called.

With regard to the question about the differences between the LC37D42U and the LC37D43U I had the exact same quandary. I also called Sharp and their CS agents had no idea. We thoroughly went through the specs and could find nothing other than the later model was created one month after the other. However as we were undertaking this exercise, we looked at the picture shown of each model and it appeared to us that the earlier model (42) had a solid black case whereas the newer model (43) had a grey or silver panel along the bottom. Other than that, I could find no differences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)