Shocking! Memphis Cheated

The shocking part is that it took you so long to post this.

By the time I read this article original, Chicago/Detroit was still in the third period- by the time you posted, Detroti clinchef the series.

It says that Calipari was not named in the report so he may have no knowledge of it.

Gillispie Sues UK for $6 Million!

In other news, ex-Kentucky Coach, Billy Gillispie is suing his former school $6 million, saying he was fired without cause.

A very trying time to be a University of Kentucky Wildcat to say the least!!! Kentucky has to be sick to their stomach's right now.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4210508"]Former Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie suing school's athletics association, seeking $6 million - ESPN[/ame]

From, last week, in these here forums:
Calipari will never have knowledge of anything that goes wrong around him. He somehow communicates to those around him that he wants things done, and so they get done.

I was in an Amherst bar one night when a state cop told a story about Calipari calling the State Police barracks, asking to have a speeding ticket fixed. The person who took the call decided to stick him, and so he gave him a name to call which was the name of an ultra straight laced supervisor who was sure to find some way to make Calipari miserable. This cop did not understand that Calipari is so slick that he could get a speeding ticket fixed at the drop of a hat, leaving no fingerprints. I suspected that Calipari did it in this ham-fisted manner just so the word would get out that he was the kind of guy who wanted things done for him. This cop was unwittingly doing Calipari's bidding by telling us about the incident'

Marcus Camby was often seen wearing a gaudy medallion that turned out to be worth $12,000. The athletic director said that when he saw it, he just figured it must be costume jewelry because he knew Camby couldn't afford it. Calipari would have to have been blind to not have seen it.

While Calipari was still at UMass, an incoming coach from back when they were at Pittsburgh told the story of a staff meeting that Calipari, who had been an assistant the previous year and was being held over, was at, and he allegedly told Calipari and the other assistants that there would be no more payments to players. Calipari, when informed of that allegation, said he didn't recall that being said at that meeting. I don't remember anyone prewarning me of the 9-11 attack at any meeting I attended shortly before it, but if anyone asked me whether it had been brought up at any meeting I attended, I sure as well wouldn't say that I didn't recall it being brought up.

I can't locate it right now, but I once had my finger on a great article regarding Calipari's relationship with one of these "fixers" who has no visible means of support but who can show up anywhere, anytime, to evaluate any player or meet with any coach who might covet that player. I'll post it if I can dig it up.

I ran the in-house A/V equipment for the Nike Coach Calipari show from 1992 to 1994. In the course of doing so, I talked to several of the players, and suspect that at least a couple of them probably couldn't even spell SAT.

But he won't be implicated here or elsewhere, because he really doesn't "know" of the things that are done by boosters to help his program succeed. He knows it is against his interest to find out, so he doesn't find out.

No kidding! Believe me....they know everything that goes. It's whether they wanna turn a blind eye or not.

They can't possibly know everything that goes on. The boosters do so much that the coach doesn't see.

They can't possibly know everything that goes on. The boosters do so much that the coach doesn't see.

Ramy....they only have to know what 12 players are doing. I can see missing something with football teams because you are talking about 50-60 man roster. But when you only have to watch 12...believe me, they know their just about every move.

Ramy....they only have to know what 12 players are doing. I can see missing something with football teams because you are talking about 50-60 man roster. But when you only have to watch 12...believe me, they know their just about every move.
Not even 12. You don't need to worry about the guys at the end of the bench. More like 8-9 or however many guys a coach plays.

I predict that this is just the first shoe to drop. Now that the NCAA has knowledge of what was going on at Memphis they are going to start looking hard at Calipari and Kentucky. If Memphis was involved in fixing Derrick Rose's SAT scores to make him eligible then God knows what was done to sign John Wall, but that whole recruitment of that kid was S-H-A-D-Y.

I predict that this is just the first shoe to drop. Now that the NCAA has knowledge of what was going on at Memphis they are going to start looking hard at Calipari and Kentucky. If Memphis was involved in fixing Derrick Rose's SAT scores to make him eligible then God knows what was done to sign John Wall, but that whole recruitment of that kid was S-H-A-D-Y.

There is already rumors of this BEFORE the investigation started. I still have alot of contacts back in Chicago in the media and they told me this has been talked about for a while and it was only a matter of time before it came out. One buddy of mine told me he is suprised it took THIS LONG to come out.

...and he said, "believe me...there is more and alot has Derrick Rose in the middle of it...."

:(:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)