Shooting in the dark at Sat 129

jcart

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
Okay, I'm literally in the dark on two fronts here. Number one, it's dark outside while I'm trying to point my dish. Number two, I can't find the correct Angles to point the dish.

I'm attempting to redirect a Dish 300 at Sat 129 and I'm in the Seattle area.

No, it says N/A for all three angles when I put it on Sat 129 with my zip. Plus, the heading at the top says it only lists angles for Sats 119, 110, 148, and 61.5.

jcart,

Try 36 elevation, 164 for azmuith. I have an old utility from dish that doesn't list 129 either, but gives the angles for a dish 300. Since 129 is 10 degrees west of 119, I added some to those settings. I'm at zip 98383 (Silverdale).

If you are using a dish 300 pan, the signal for 129 will be marginal every 20 minutes or so. I was upgraded to a 24" dish last year and that helped, but even now I get an occasional drop out. If you could point to 61.5, you'd only miss FSNNW in HD, but get a better overall signal.

Miner

Right now, I'm just trying to pick up our locals in HD. We're not quite ready to upgrade to the full HD package. Dish Network told me that the HD locals are on Sat 129. Is this true?

Right now, I'm just trying to pick up our locals in HD. We're not quite ready to upgrade to the full HD package. Dish Network told me that the HD locals are on Sat 129. Is this true?

The Seattle HD locals are spotbeamed on 110.

But there are other national HD's on 129.

So, I don't need to point at 129 or 61.5 for locals in HD? We are already set up for it by pointing at 110?

So, I don't need to point at 129 or 61.5 for locals in HD? We are already set up for it by pointing at 110?

The Seattle HD locals are on 110 transponder 4. You won't get Fox though as Dish and the affiliate have not come to terms on a retransmission agreement.

Yeah Like Digi Said you are fine with what you got.

Note if you are using a Dish 1000 or like, you should get 119 on the center horn and fiddle from there to improve 110 and 129 at the same time.

For a separate dish with a single horn you might take the Dish 300 numbers for 110 and 119 and guesstimate 129 as 2*"119" - "110", for a linear extrapolation. This mainly gets you the elevation as the azimuth is kind of a free rotation.

Once you get the proper signal then fine tune as the chance of plumb pole is small given the small working space on the mounting stubs, IMHO.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts