Shortening azimuth range, any benefit?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kymics

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
After many months of my dish sitting on the ground unused (shame on me), I finally got back on track and bought an Invacom quad and a SG2100. My friend and I are planning to put it up on my garage by next week :D

Interesting though that on the very first page of the Motek manual, it explains how to adjust the limit sliders to limit the range of movement. Here's what it says: "If smaller azimuth range is required, adjust the hardware limits as following.." and then it lists the steps to changing the limits.

The default range is 70 degrees either way, but I only need +36E and +32W. I'm not really keen on taking apart the mechanism to adjust the limiters but is there some sort of performance benefit to locking in on a smaller range?

The only benefit I can think of is if it's sitting on the far East or far West satellite, it can rest the dish weight on the limiter to prevent strong gusts from stripping the gears.

Usually the limits are there so your dish will not hit an object next to it, for example the wall it is mounted on.
Thanks!
I have been wondering this myself.
-phil

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts