Should Dish follow DirecTV's Titanium plan?

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Check this out from DirecTV

http://titanium.directv.com/

It's everything offered by DirecTV for $7,500 a year.

Would anyone get something like that from dish?

I wonder how much more it would be especially with all the internationals etc... Anyways one would have to watch / record a lot of TV to get the value, plus E* doesn't have NFL ST.

This is basically a paid verison of what the hackers get ;)

What are the penalties for piracy? It may be cheaper to actually get caught pirating than subbing to the titanium package LOL. I'd assume you have to be unemployed to take full advantage of this.

Attorney friend saw an other post about this.

Told me they made this package just for legal reasons.

Now when ever they catch a bad person they have legal proof that is the $7,500 per year owed instead of the $1,000 or so out of court thing they have been doing.

How much you wanna bet they sell quite a few of these? I have a buddy that pays 10k yr for 2-season tickets to the Dallas Mavericks. You add parking ($30 per game), 1-beer, and a box of Craker Jacks ($10), then the playoffs (season tickets DON'T include Playoff tickets), and he is paying about $14k per yr to see about 50 games. That's $1750.00 per month for the NBA season (8 mts), or about $116 per hour of entertainment!:eek:

To some, $625 mt for ALL (every channel available-all adults, all PPV, all PPV sports.....EVERYTHING) 24/7 concierge, up to 10 HD-DVR's, would seem like a real deal, and alot of entertainment for the dollar!:hungry:

So, in response to your question, YES, I think Dish should make a similar offer available. It would be less than $500 more a month than the Platinum pkg that I'm paying for now. I would at least consider it.:devil:

Robert

Sure, Dish should make a similar package.

There are always people with way too much money to burn.

Dish should help them burn it -- and, maybe donate 10% of each Titanium subscription to charity.

I would like to see something like HD Platinium with the sports packages, and maybe some free ppv, but not necessarily everything. Get me all the primary channels, HD, and sports for $1500/year and I'd love it - even better if E* ever gets Sunday Ticket, that D* deal runs out eventually, right?

$7500/yr - FORGET IT! I ain't no millionaire.

What a Catch-22! The unemployed would be the only ones who could really take advantage of all that tv, yet could not afford it because they have no job! Life sucks, dude......:D

masterdeals said:
I would like to see something like HD Platinium with the sports packages, and maybe some free ppv, but not necessarily everything. Get me all the primary channels, HD, and sports for $1500/year and I'd love it - even better if E* ever gets Sunday Ticket, that D* deal runs out eventually, right?

$7500/yr - FORGET IT! I ain't no millionaire.

$1,500 a year? That's just over $100 a month, which is the current top line package for either company. You'd have to go to at least $2,500 to get even close, $3,000 to actually make it work. Figure one PPV at $4 per month, there's almost $50, the sports pack is $5 a month last I checked. $7,500 sounds maybe a bit high, but not too bad for getting truly "everything". If you are into the adult channels, that could actually make some sense for you.

Jeff_R said:
$1,500 a year? That's just over $100 a month, which is the current top line package for either company. You'd have to go to at least $2,500 to get even close, $3,000 to actually make it work. Figure one PPV at $4 per month, there's almost $50, the sports pack is $5 a month last I checked. $7,500 sounds maybe a bit high, but not too bad for getting truly "everything". If you are into the adult channels, that could actually make some sense for you.

also dont forget the 10 HD DVR recievers... thats part of it

Its actually not a bad concept!

I know several customers that subscribe to DISH Networks everything pack, yet have a pirated receiver just because they want "Everything"

If offered the option, I know they would pay the $7500/yr just to be ligit.

If Dish offers it, they should offer 2 versions. They should offer the American version with no international channels, and then a true everything pack including all the international channels.

But with 10 HD DVR's on that kind of an account, would there be a "location" audit?

Splitting that kind of an acouunt 10 ways becomes very affordable to some people.

I don't know why Dish wouldn't. But considering how much international channels that Dish has, it would be quite a $$$ price tag.

Besides, how do you keep face with AEP?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts