Should I be able to get Voom on 129?

Bullfrog

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Oregon
I have a Dish 500 (2 LNBs) pointed at 110 and 119, and a dish 300 pointed at 148. The Dish 500 and 300 go thru a SW21 to my 6000 receiver. I tried pointing the 300 over to 129, but can't seem to locate 129. Doesn't help that the nimwits that installed the dish with the mast crooked so the elevation markings are useless. Anyway I'm wondering if I need to just keep searching or something about my setup/equipment is an issue.

Assuming these are Legacy switches and LNBs, I PERSONALLY couldn't get this setup to work with a 942. Many people assured me it would work, but it never did until I switched to DISHPro.

However, it had nothing to do with FINDING the satellite. I had it all peaked, and the Switch Check was fine. I just couldn't tune most of the transponders.

Have you hooked the 129 DISH up directly? The switches can cause problems when you're trying to peak the dish.

Best way to find it is tune in 119 first, then raise the elevation slightly and swing it to the left.

M Sparks said:
Best way to find it is tune in 119 first, then raise the elevation slightly and swing it to the left.

Swing left if you are standing on the LNB side. Or if you are looking at the back of dish on the adjustment side you need to swing right.....just a bit. Make sure you are on a hot transponder too.

digiblur said:
Make sure you are on a hot transponder too.

Good point, especially on 129. Most people are used to tuning to transponder 2.

Are all the receivers updated to see 129 properly? The transponder isn't an issue on my 942, because it won't tune to any transponders DISH isn't leasing. But I originally peaked 129 on a 508, and it didn't have a way to select 129. I left it set to 148, and if I had left it on one of the inactive transponders I probably wouldn't have found it.

sometimes a dish mast has to be mounted out of plumb due to obstructions or the surface doesnt allow for a plumb mast, the fascia's here in miami dont allow for a normal vertical mount as the bottom of the fascia's are pulled in towards the house. Ive seen several mounts shimmed and 2 3" - 4" inch lags on the bottom hold the lower side in place. Ive also seen the two lower mast bolts removed leaving just the pivot bolt in and the sleeve plate had a new hole drilled in towards the edge of the sleeve to allow a new position for leveling the mast.

Success, well sort of. I first remounted my mast so that it was level and then I could properly set the elevation and then I was able to find 129. Ran a switch test and bingo I have the voom channels in the guide.

Then called Dish to activate and of course that was the hardest part.

Had to go thru 'the Voom is only on 61.5' deal, then finally convinced them voom is on 129. Then they said I had to have dish 1000 to get 129 and the 1000 isn't available in my area. I insisted I had a dish pointed at 129 and I can see the channels in my guide. So finally they said they'll activate those for me, but I have a 942 install scheduled and they can't activate the Voom channels until the 942 install. Huh? Well they have to cancel my 942 installation, then add voom, then reschedule. Then they tell me there are no installations available in November. Well I dont' want to reschedule my 942, so I have to wait. How stupid is that, I can't add programming and spend more money until I get the 942 installed.

But anyway I want to thank everyone for your help. Really appreciate it.

Had to go thru 'the Voom is only on 61.5' deal, then finally convinced them voom is on 129. Then they said I had to have dish 1000 to get 129 and the 1000 isn't available in my area. I insisted I had a dish pointed at 129 and I can see the channels in my guide. So finally they said they'll activate those for me, but I have a 942 install scheduled and they can't activate the Voom channels until the 942 install. Huh? Well they have to cancel my 942 installation, then add voom, then reschedule. Then they tell me there are no installations available in November. Well I dont' want to reschedule my 942, so I have to wait. How stupid is that, I can't add programming and spend more money until I get the 942 installed.
Yet ANOTHER reason to use a local retailer.

A. Most of them actually know what's where.
B. They don't have to deal with order systems that are written by programmers rejected from the worst receiver software teams in E*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)