Should I be concerned about my installation?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I have Vip 622 and 211 installation for Sunday. So far I've only go the empty box for the 942 delivered via UPS. Where the heck are the receivers? I hope dish does not blows up my installation. The same has happened to me before. The installer comes and no receivers were delivered.

Sean Mota said:
I have Vip 622 and 211 installation for Sunday. So far I've only go the empty box for the 942 delivered via UPS. Where the heck are the receivers? I hope dish does not blows up my installation. The same has happened to me before. The installer comes and no receivers were delivered.

Sean,

My 622 arrived about 3 days before the install date.

Cheers,
Sam

Sean Mota said:

My 622 arrived on a Thursday for a Tuesday install. I would call them ASAP.

Should I be concerned about my installation?

YES!
That seems to be the latest trick from dish. If you call them and they say the installer is going to bring it, you will not get it. Schedule your appointment for early morning. That way you will not waste the entire day waiting for them, when they don't show or don't have the equipment

I got my empty box one day and the reciever the next. My install was set for 2 weeks away but got DISH to move it up so it was done last Friday. I am noticing heavy pixalation on fast moving scenes line on Monster Garage when they move the camera fast around each of the guys. Never did that with with 942. Hope a future release improves it.

Greg Mueller said:
YES!
That seems to be the latest trick from dish. If you call them and they say the installer is going to bring it, you will not get it.

That happened to me once. I can't for early morning and mine is set for the afternoon. I hope everything goes well and I will put my expectation at a minimum just in case it does not happen.

Yep- a parts shortage means there will be no ViP622s shipped for about 3 weeks.

The sad part is that I've been reading on other Bulletin Boards that people are getting them within as little as 3 days. I told that to the lady at "Cancellations" and she said that the local suppliers get theirs because they order a number of them at one time. So if they can supply a "number of them" why can't they supply one (mine)? Today is the 28th day since I ordered and paid for mine.

You can try calling, but don't count on getting any worthwhile information. When I ordered my 622, the CSR told me the installer would bring it with him. The install was scheduled for a Saturday. The evening before the install the contract service company that handles the installs called me to ask if the 622 had been shipped to me. I told them I did not have it, and they told me to call the main Dish number and ask them to track the package. I called, and the CSR said he could not give me a tracking number, and he indicated that it had not yet been shipped. I asked how I could get a tracking number and he said to call back in a few days. He also said he would reschedule my install, but could not get me on the schedule for another month. The next morning the 622 was delivered to my house. I made calls, but was unable to reach anyone who could get me back on the schedule for my original install appointment. Fortunately I already had the second dish for 61.5 and all of the right connections, so I just installed it myself and then called Dish to activate it.

Two days before installation and no receivers. I've got two empty boxes... I think this is heading for dissaster sunday when the installer will show up and there will be no equipment to install.

CDH said:
...Dish won't let me activate it and cancel my service appointment. The csr in Tech Support said they "can't" activate it until someone comes out and makes sure everything is okay...Anyone have any ideas?
Sounds like a situation where "CSR Roulette" should prevail - keep calling until you get a tech who will activate it for you. Seems to work for others...

Ordered 622 on 4/6/06, received 622 and self-installed on 4/12/06, received return box for 942 on 4/18/06, and UPS scanned return on 4/20/06. I expect Texas to confirm receipt of the 942 return by 4/24/06 and a $200 credit on my E* account by 5/6/06.

Don't give up on CSR (or Tech) roulette until you get want you want. I experienced a quick and reliable "swap" as a result of closely following information found at this forum. My new 622's been rock solid since I installed it.

Thanks for the replies... sorry, when I deleted my own post there didn't appear to be any replies, so I moved it somewhere else.

I've got an email in to CEO this afternoon. If I don't get a reply I'll try CSR roulette this evening or tomorrow.

CDH.

Called today (4/21) to find out why I haven't gotten my 622 for a scheduled 4/25 install. This was my second call. Earlier this week I was told not to worry and just call back in a few days for the delivery date. Can't say I was too surprised when they told me it is being delayed and my new install is scheduled May 23. I would be a lot more fried about this if I hadn't swapped out my 510 for a 622 in March. But it seems incredible that I had to call them to find out a few days before the scheduled install. If you are expecting an install and haven't gotten the unit yet I suggest you call them. The longer you wait the further out the new install may get scheduled.

edit: The 622 arrived on 4/27. After work I hooked it up and called technical support to get it activated. No hassles.

Last edited:
"Should I be concerned about my installation?"
"The same has happened to me before. The installer comes and no receivers were delivered."

Sean you have almost 20k posts, & you are a mod here, I know you have seen a LOT of posts, honestly what would you think if you were reading your post?

This has happened to you before & you are asking if you should be concerned, come on.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts