Should I cancel Voom?

snoopdrew

Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
I signed up for Voom almost a year ago with the free install & equipment and no contract on the basic Voom package.

Although the first few months were gee-whiz cool, the novelty wore off and now I feel like cancelling because:

* I can't get clear local channels in my area (Dublin/Pleasanton, CA).
* Voom's overall programming is 3 out of 5 stars to me.
* Voom's receiver has occassional channel guide problems, lockups, and momentary loss of picture (although audio still works).
* I have Comcast at the same time, which gives me clear local HD channels, InHD, ESPNHD, DiscoveryHD.
* I can save $50 a month.

But a little part of me wants to hold on to Voom because:

* The 1/1/2005 rebranding of the Cinema channels looks interesting, especially KungFu, GuyTV and Haha. I already enjoy Monster and WorldSport from time to time.
* I read somewhere on this site that Voom will total 70+ HD channels in 2005.

I got Voom to compare it with Comcast in the hopes of cancelling cable, but I'm leaning towards cancelling Voom now.

Is it easy to cancel Voom and how does one do it?

snoopdrew said:
Is it easy to cancel Voom and how does one do it?

Save yourself a credit card nightmare. Call your CC company and tell them you LOST your card. Have them cancel it immediately and issue you a new card with a new number. It's worth the hassle.

Then call VOOM to cancel your service.

Good Luck

I have similar concerns, but I would wait until at least the 6th in order to see what voOm is rolling out at the CES show. There may be some surprises, or if not, some definitive answers.

Why are you asking the board if you should cancel. This is your decision to be made. I have had Voom for a year and had no problems and happy with their service.

voomster2 said:
Save yourself a credit card nightmare. Call your CC company and tell them you LOST your card. Have them cancel it immediately and issue you a new card with a new number. It's worth the hassle.

This does not reflect our canceling scenario at all. We canceled/de-installed just before the next billing period and our final bill showed a monthly charge and then credit on the same bill and we have not been billed since.

I suspect they may have (V*) gotten past their billing debacle that was occurring early on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts