Should I get 4K Joeys instead of 2.0's?

It's possible you may be able to change your equipment within 30 days. You should contact DIRT and see what they say. I have always told my customers to make sure you know what you want right away because any equipment changes you want to make later will cost money and require signing a new contract. Any upgrade in equipment is suppose to require an install and renewal of contract unless you purchase and install it yourself.

If they didn't have this rule then people would be swapping out equipment all the time and Dish would lose a lot of money.

I definitely agree with your comments. Unfortunately coming from 2 HWS/2 JOEY setup, I really had no way of knowing that the JOEY 2.0 would be so slow. My family was used to their own HWS speed and now with just a JOEY 2, you can definitely feel/see the lag. So I am assuming that a JOEY 4K would ease their pain.

BTW, what is the easiest way to contact DIRT on here?

I definitely agree with your comments. Unfortunately coming from 2 HWS/2 JOEY setup, I really had no way of knowing that the JOEY 2.0 would be so slow. My family was used to their own HWS speed and now with just a JOEY 2, you can definitely feel/see the lag. So I am assuming that a JOEY 4K would ease their pain.

BTW, what is the easiest way to contact DIRT on here?

Go back to the Home page on here and look on the left. You should see helpers listed there. I believe there are two online now.

Reactions: B1gted
Here here on the 40.0 remote. After spending the whole evening yesterday with the 52.0 remote I ended up pairing my 40.0 &
putting the 52.0 in a drawer
I have 1 of each remote paired to my H3 but I find myself grabbing the old 40.0 more often than not - it just has too many "single button" functions to give up.

Holy crap man! Would it hurt to do a little research before you get something new? If you would have done some research you would've been on here before you upgraded and know exactly what to so. You would also find out that you can use your old 40.0 remote from your Hopper 1 and use all those one button presses you are whining about not having. You would have heard that there was a Hopper 2 as well.

Do yourself a favor and hang around here for a while, you'll learn a lot.
I just can't say ENOUGH for all the help and information I've gotten from here.... I'm not even sure if I would have KNOWN about such a thing as the "Hopper3" yet, let alone have one up-and-running. Thank you ALL!!

It's weird to see one of my threads have "legs" and stick around on here for two weeks. Usually I get a couple of replies to answer my question and it disappears into oblivion. For what is worth, I am very glad I got the 4K Joeys. I can't even tell the difference between them and the Hopper 3 as far as speed. I know there is one due to the sheer size of the processor probably but to the human eye it is impossible to tell. The other thing is I am agreement with a lot of folks on here that the new remote is not even close to as useful as the old ones. Now in all honesty I can say some of that maybe just not wanting to adapt to something new but I am sure glad I got extra 40 remotes with the 4K Joeys (I kept my old ones also) instead of the new 52 that came with the Hopper.
So now I just wait for Sports Bar mode to go live. I currently do not have any 4K TV's but will most likely get one when that feature launches for the Hopper 3. I am actually actively shopping around for one.
Thanks again for all the help on here.

Reactions: Foxbat
I may be killing this thread, as I notice that I seem to have that effect...

I'll mirror the sentiment that I feel the $50 I paid for the 4K Joey was worth it. I think you could fit a dozen 4K Joeys in the space on my old ViP 211k receiver!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)