Should I get HD Absolute or wait for HD Turbo?

EscapeVelocity

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Do I get all non premium channels that are offered in the future with HD Absolute?

Aslo, can I use one dish to point at one sat, for all my HD programming, and be done with it. I really dont want 2 dishes.

Thanks.

PS - I just decided to get Dish HD Absolute and I find out they are cancelling it. WTF!

Call them back! I just looked on the website and it says that the offer expires 7/31/08 so you should still have time. Unless you actually have to be installed by that day...

I havent called them.

Im trying to find out if I can use one satellite dish to get all my HD Absolute Programming.

PS - Seems like a near impossible question to find an answer for.

dmendenjr, are you getting the New non Premium HD Channels coming online with your HD Absolute subscription, as they come online?

Personally I'd stick to the 1000.2 (119/110/129) in case I wanted SD channels in the future. If your sure all you want is HD ever though you can use one dish. Make sure you point to the satellite that your HD locals (if you have them yet) are coming from because if you point your dish to 61.5 and find out your hd locals are on 129 you're out of luck!

You can point to 129 but I'd still go with the 1000.2 because the hd premiums are still on 110.

61.5° - The eastern region of the United States. (internationals, locals, some HD, SkyAngel)
105° - The continental United States. (locals)
110° - The continental United States (CONUS) and Puerto Rico, some Alaska and Hawaii.
118.7° - The continental United States. (internationals)
119° - The continental United States (CONUS) including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
121° - The continental United States. (internationals, locals)
129° - The continental United States. (locals, HD)
148° - The western region of the United States. (internationals, locals, some HD)

Thanks for the info, but I dont care about the premiums. What I care about is the core programming in HD. Like ESPN and USA and CNN and History Channel.

Seems like a lot of sky to point through at 129.

Id like to use one satelitte dish to get all my HD Absolute Channels, but no one on DBSTalk, SatelliteGuys, or AVSForum, seems to know the answer to this question. [scratches head] HD Locals would be a bonus for no extra charge, but I can snatch them OTA.

1000.2 which picks up 110/119/129 for me here in nothern california is a one dish solution and I had DVR Advantage + HD Ultimate before and HD Absoulte now..

I searched through some threads and got some answers.

Seems 129 is falling out of the sky and causing all sorts of problems. Seems like EchoStar had a Satellite Failure at 61.5 this spring and a must place lauch to replace 129 next spring.

Yikes!

Too bad the new 61.5 failed. Id like to get one satellite dish that points to satellites that work, and get all the HD non premiums offered.

I guess that is too much to ask.

Do you think DirecTV may be a better solution?

Escapevelocity, where are you located? If you can pick up 110/119/129, then 1000.2 will be the one dish solution for you just like for me..

118.7 also has locals.

You can point to 129 but I'd still go with the 1000.2 because the hd premiums are still on 110.

61.5° - The eastern region of the United States. (internationals, locals, some HD, SkyAngel)
105° - The continental United States. (locals)
110° - The continental United States (CONUS) and Puerto Rico, some Alaska and Hawaii.
118.7° - The continental United States. (internationals)
119° - The continental United States (CONUS) including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
121° - The continental United States. (internationals, locals)
129° - The continental United States. (locals, HD)
148° - The western region of the United States. (internationals, locals, some HD)

Someone posted a text listing of the channels in HD Absolute. I'm searching for it but haven't found it yet. Does anyone have it or know where it's at ?

Someone posted a text listing of the channels in HD Absolute. I'm searching for it but haven't found it yet. Does anyone have it or know where it's at ?

HSN SD
USA SD & HD
FOOD SD & HD
HGTV SD & HD
A&E SD & HD
Bio SD & HD
History Channel SD & HD
Sci-Fi SD & HD
Oxygen SD (Free Preview)
Bravo HD
QVC SD
TNT SD & HD
TBS SD & HD
ESPN SD & HD
ESPNews HD
ESPN 2 SD & HD
VS SD
NFL Net SD & HD
Disney HD
Toon Disney HD
Cartoon Network SD & HD
ABC Family HD
Discovery SD & HD
TLC SD & HD
Animal Planet SD & HD
National GeoSD & HD
Hallmark Movie Channel SD & HD
The Science Channel SD & HD
The Documentary Channel SD
CNN SD & HD
CNBC+ HD
MSNBC SD (Free Preview)
Nasa Select SD
Weather Channel SD & HD
Travel Channel SD & HD
Collectible & Treasures SD
Jewelry Channel SD
Americal Alive SD
Shop Lation TV SD
LSHOP SD
Sat Response Net SD
Shop at Home SD
Gems TV SD
Jewerly TV SD
ShopNBC SD
Gem Shopping Network SD
WGN America HD
Angel One SD
KTV SD
CCTV9 SD
Angel 2 SD
HD Net HD
Discovery HD Theater HD
Universal HD HD
Music HD HD
Smithsonian Channel HD HD
HD Net Movies HD
MGM HD HD
WFN (HD) HD
Vs/Golf HD
Tennis Channel SD & HD
The Golf Channel SD
NBA TV SD & HD
NHL Net HD
KBS America SD
CCTV E SD
The 18 PI stations from 9400-9418 SD
3 Angels SD

Yeap, that's it. Thanks.

Any update on some of the "missing" SD channels ? Also, what about the Sirius channels ? If not included, can I pay add'l for them ? Not sure that I will, but might consider it.

Back to the question at hand. Is it better
to sign up for the HD Absolute or wait
for the Turbo?

My understanding of Absolute is this:
I will still get my Mpls locals in HD with
the absolute but I can't get my RSN.

Can I get my locals and RSN's with
Turbo? What are the cost differences?

Thanks

Back to the question at hand. Is it better
to sign up for the HD Absolute or wait
for the Turbo?

My understanding of Absolute is this:
I will still get my Mpls locals in HD with
the absolute but I can't get my RSN.

Can I get my locals and RSN's with
Turbo? What are the cost differences?

Thanks
HD Absolute contains all non-premium HD channels and reportedly will continue adding any new HD channels that are added "through the end of the year". The cost of HD Absolute with locals and DVR fee is $40.97. HD Absolute does NOT include RSNs.

There are three levels of Turbo HD. Speculation is that the three levels will correspond to the channels (with HD equivalents) that are available with AT100, 200, and 250. The following prices are for DVR advantage (includes locals and DVR fee). Turbo HD Bronze $34.99/mo. (may not include RSN's). Turbo HD Silver $39.99/mo. (includes RSN's). Turbo HD Gold $49.99/mo. (includes RSN's). There is also Turbo HD Platinum (may be added on for $10/mo. to any qualifying package) that includes all HD channels that do not have SD equivalents.