Should I give them my new CC #?

whyme

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Frankly after reading all these billing errors Im scared to even dare give them my new CC#. The one they have on file just expired and got the new card in. However what happens if I dont give them the new #? Any chance they will send me a paper bill? These accounting issues are crazy. Charging for 2 months then crediting back half 3 dyas later?? HUH? And thats just the norm.. Not even including the people that have been charged 100's of dollars. Any problems with the hardware I can accept... Taking money from me that isnt owed to them?? Nope sorry..

I would take a wait and see approach. Dependening on the level of security with your credit card, they may allow voom to continue billing your existing card. The number is probably the same, it's the expiration date that'll change, and many cc companies really don't actually double check that on incoming transactions. I'm speaking from experience.

I also gave them a cc that expires next month.

I figure one of the following things can happen...

1. They'll charge your existing cc account, and your cc company will not stop them.
2. They'll attempt to charge your card, it won't go through and they'll
A. Call you
B. Paper Bill You
C. Shut off your STB(s) and wait for you to call in.
3. Totally drop the ball and allow you receive services for nothing.

My best educated guess is 1, 2A or 2C... 2C being the most likely based on their previous reported practices.

As far as I'm concerned, Voom lost the privilege of being trusted with my credit card number when they decided to use "autopay" without ever mentioning it to me. I've changed my account number and have no intention of providing them with the new one. A CSR told me if they receive a check before the autopay date, they won't charge the credit card -- so I'll just send in a check each month, and in theory they won't even know that they don't have a valid credit card number ( unless they charge it anyway -- they wouldn't do that, would they?).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)