Should Voom Carry O&O HD Networks?

This is statement comes from the SEC 9/2 filing:

"LOCAL BROADCAST TELEVISION SIGNALS ARE NOT ALWAYS AVAILABLE ON OUR SERVICE, WHICH HAS BEEN AN OBSTACLE IN SELLING OUR SERVICE AND HAS LED TO HIGH SUBSCRIBER CHURN"

For all those who aren't for VOOM carrying O&O feeds...let me play devils advocate here. Just say the rumors are true about DirecTV adding IN HD 1 and 2 ..lets just say that they add those 2 Ch's. You can write it down now that they will have all four major Ch's in HD by the end of this year for O &O markets. Lets go over what DirecTV would have in their HD pack.... DiscHD, HDNet, HDNET Movies, IN HD 1 and 2, ESPN HD, BravoHD, and TNT HD (WILL BE ON SOON). Then with the local Ch's in O & O markets they would have CBSDT, NBCDT, FOXDT, and ABCDT. They already have HBO HD and ShoHD. Saying that they dont add anything else to what I listed above....dont you think that VOOM has to at least compete with what would be a very major player in DirecTV? Not to mention the tons of NFL games if you wanted the NFL pack...not to mention the HD PPV ch that they have. Its simple....for VOOM to survive they have to offer something better than DirecTV's offer. I sub to both VOOM and DirecTV ...and I pay two bills a mth because VOOM has the most HD. I really like VOOM but if DirecTV adds Ch's and VOOM holds still with their current offering, dont you think that alot of people that are on the fence about VOOM will swing DirecTV's way? Its easy to say not to add the O & O Ch's...but can they afford not to when a direct competitor has added them? Not to mention ...the fact that DirecTV is in talks with IN HD 1 and 2 and could add them to their HD Pack. All of it would spell the end for VOOM....they have to keep up. Its a no brainer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)