Showtime on the way out?

I know it's a dream that will never happen with cable or satellite tv. Some channels just would not survive without being packaged along with other channels. As some channels are an enviromental waste of precious bandwidth. :) .

Reactions: ChadT41
And the reason why your wish will not come true, again, is the bundling of channels by the content providers. They will not release their product under altercate terms. via cable, satellite OR OTT. In most cases the product lines (channels) have been overly built out and they need the demand of the strong ones to subsidize the existence of the less so. Until they decide to "cut the fat", it's not likely to happen. And think about it, even the weakest of channels, do they seem to be lacking for advertisers (revenue generators)?
Are you sure? Viacom, CBS will be going OTT ( near a la carte), now the problem is that people seem a la carte like the only way to order, in Canada A la carte is available along the traditional package, even small package is also available, by Theme. if DISH going a la carte, not all 100% customer will be pick 2 or 3 channel along the base package.

So, why would someone subscribe to CBS's All Access instead of just going to their website and viewing the latest (3-4 episodes) of shows for free? Will they eventually be removing the free access at some point?

So, why would someone subscribe to CBS's All Access instead of just going to their website and viewing the latest (3-4 episodes) of shows for free? Will they eventually be removing the free access at some point?

It appears that CBS all access is only available in O&O dma's. Just for grins I went to the website and put my zip code in and the site told me that the service is not available where I live..
Gerry

The fact that Disney is a "sports media company" is the issue. It's also a Kids Programming company, and a major national broadcast network owner (ABC), and a movie production company. Telecom de-regulation occurred in 1996 which created the albatross in the room.
Sadly, I think that train left the station too long ago. Unless someone steps in to break them up, the best we can do is keep them from conglomerating any more than they already have.

Deregulation of Telecom, Derivatives Trading, and pretty much a blind eye to the sale of snake oils. The 90s weren't too bright for Congress and the White House.

I'm betting that the FREE CBS will soon turn into FEE CBS only option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)