Showtime on the way out?

First off my disabilities are from serving this nation, so that you, I and all Americans can have freedoms afforded to them by the Bill of Rights.
Secondly federal NLRB judges have ruled you can be critical of the outfit you work for. Dish itself has a ruling against them over this very subject.

I guess you are one of those type of people that like "yes people".

Thank you for your service, though you are not the only one that served or became disabled.

As to the NLRB judges, well the rulings just show they are the idiots we've come to know and love over the years. Unfortunately for us, there is no effective way to bounce bad judges out.

But regardless of the rulings, it is the height of hypocrisy to take the money and bitch about the company. When I found I could no longer support the company I was working for, I started looking for a new job. Consider it.

Thank you for your service, though you are not the only one that served or became disabled.

As to the NLRB judges, well the rulings just show they are the idiots we've come to know and love over the years. Unfortunately for us, there is no effective way to bounce bad judges out.

But regardless of the rulings, it is the height of hypocrisy to take the money and bitch about the company. When I found I could no longer support the company I was working for, I started looking for a new job. Consider it.
I am and when I can get my ducks in a row and my operation scheduled with the VA they are pushing my disability to 100% and they will pay to send me back to school.
Occupational safety and health is the field I planning to go into and I will take that degree and become an OSHA inspector.

I am and when I can get my ducks in a row and my operation scheduled with the VA they are pushing my disability to 100% and they will pay to send me back to school.
Occupational safety and health is the field I planning to go into and I will take that degree and become an OSHA inspector.

Wonderful, we don't have enough government 'inspectors' on power trips. And let me guess, you'll be targeting Dish.

You have to understand that there are some here and other web boards , that will take any criticism of DISH as a personal insult. I call them DISH pom pom waivers. I understand where you are coming from. I worked for the state of Texas prison system and I spent many of the 17 and a half years grieving them ( the only way you could affect any change through their system) to make them follow their own rules , p.d.s , administrative directives as well as state and federal laws. I didn't for one second regret doing this because it made it safer for the work force in the prison as well as for the inmates safety as well. It takes listening to all voices in an organization or company to make it the best that it can be. I wish you luck in your new pursuit of a new career. I hope that it is easier than working for DISH.

Wonderful, we don't have enough government 'inspectors' on power trips. And let me guess, you'll be targeting Dish.
equal opportunity all entities big or small, I have served and worked on the production floor as a tech to being a maintenance supervisor for a international power generation company. all entities big or small(even the Pentagon which is in the business of war fighting) will do what ever it to increase their bottom line by forsaking safety environmental and even common sense to make them successful.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
If you are 100% disabled, how are you going to go work in a full time capacity? Will you not forfeit your VA benefit. I know with Social Security Disability, you can work below SGA (substantial gainful activity) level, which is about $1,010 per month, but that's obviously not full time. I am not versed on the VA benefit plans or rules. However, I would think they would have something similar to SSA's restrictions prevent double dipping. As for going back to school, why didn't you use your GI bill, there is no requirement to be disabled to use that.

Military disability works a little different. I also am retired Army due to medical disabilities, leaving me 90% disabled. I am still allowed to work as long as it is not something that would be in direct confliction with my injuries. ie my back is messed up and I have more metal in my leg then I do leg, so I couldn't be Dish Tech. I could work the phones though, so I was able to be a CSR.

If you are 100% disabled, how are you going to go work in a full time capacity? Will you not forfeit your VA benefit. I know with Social Security Disability, you can work below SGA (substantial gainful activity) level, which is about $1,010 per month, but that's obviously not full time. I am not versed on the VA benefit plans or rules. However, I would think they would have something similar to SSA's restrictions prevent double dipping. As for going back to school, why didn't you use your GI bill, there is no requirement to be disabled to use that.
Military disability is different than civilian disability you can work and earn as much as you want.

Military disability works a little different. I also am retired Army due to medical disabilities, leaving me 90% disabled. I am still allowed to work as long as it is not something that would be in direct confliction with my injuries. ie my back is messed up and I have more metal in my leg then I do leg, so I couldn't be Dish Tech. I could work the phones though, so I was able to be a CSR.
That makes sense, I work for Social Security as a Claims Authorizer at the Southeastern Program Service Center in Birmingham. There are multiple components of SSA at that building, and somewhere around 2,000 people work in the same building, anyway, to make a long story short, I have heard some former military people talking about getting a VA disability pension. Probably much the same as you, back or knee, etc... and the work they do now is sedentary.

If Dish drops CBS in the middle of football season, that will be a massive poison pill.

Why do people keep saying "If Dish drops xxxxx." If there is no contract, DISH cannot legal transmit the signal. So you can actually say that CBS cut the signal to DISH.
Of course, some people always think DISH is the vilan in everything.

Why do people keep saying "If Dish drops xxxxx." If there is no contract, DISH cannot legal transmit the signal. So you can actually say that CBS cut the signal to DISH.
Of course, some people always think DISH is the vilan in everything.

People blame Dish cause they can call them up in a very easy fashion to raise hell and get something for free. PERIOD.
They don't care if it was aliens that were pissing in front of the satellite that caused it they will still call Dish to complain and ask for free stuff cause they can. I got free stuff from them from this current CNN take down.... why? well cause I could. Till Dish says NO and stands behind what the contracts say then people will continue to do it.

Reactions: KAB
People blame Dish cause they can call them up in a very easy fashion to raise hell and get something for free. PERIOD.
They don't care if it was aliens that were pissing in front of the satellite that caused it they will still call Dish to complain and ask for free stuff cause they can. I got free stuff from them from this current CNN take down.... why? well cause I could. Till Dish says NO and stands behind what the contracts say then people will continue to do it.
And people getting freebies bothers you how? Are you a BIG shareholder in DISH or SATS? I bet you probably refused to take your introductory discounts when you were a new subscriber, I would hate to know that I caused Charlie to have to pick the cheaper can of caviar. FWIW, I have a few shares of DISH, and they have been holding up quite well in spite of the discounts that they hand out.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
FYI, In case it has not been posted, Showtime has the following message at their website:

A MESSAGE FROM SHOWTIME TO DISH CUSTOMERS

DISH may soon suspend service of SHOWTIME channels. Showtime Networks has been negotiating in good faith to work out a mutually agreeable contract with DISH, and we have made them a very fair offer on favorable terms.

SHOWTIME offers a diverse slate of films and box office hits, critically-acclaimed original series, hard-hitting sports, comedy specials and provocative documentaries. We know you value our award-winning programming, including the new seasons of HOMELAND and THE AFFAIR which are currently on the air and would be disrupted. We are doing everything we can to ensure your SHOWTIME services remain on DISH.

It really blows my mind that CBS bundles one of the most Profitable services(Showtime) with their O&O and other channels. Showtime should absolutely be separate considering its already one of the few channels that is "A la Carte" and Subs pay a good amount of money just for those channels.

It really blows my mind that CBS bundles one of the most Profitable services(Showtime) with their O&O and other channels. Showtime should absolutely be separate considering its already one of the few channels that is "A la Carte" and Subs pay a good amount of money just for those channels.

Yep, it is totally bogus to include Showtime in the deal. Both sat providers charge the same for it, but yet there is a fairly big difference between what SHO provides Dish and Direct.

And don't forget the prices for all the Premiums is raised periodically and NOT in line with other contracts.

My opinion tells me that if SHO goes dark, it will never go 'light' for me again. I'm already considering how much sense it makes to pay as much for any of the Premiums for the relatively little they bring to the table.

Sure some live sports (boxing being my favorite), original programming which for me means about 25% of them are interesting at all to me. And of course movies of mostly specious value and then incessantly rerun.

Reactions: KAB
I am sure they will be back. It will be interesting to see if Dish lights up Showtime Beyond and Extreme, and TMC Xtra in HD, and adds Showtime Women, Showtime Next, and Showtime FamilyZone. That could be the clincher, CBS is wanting Dish to add the other multiplexes, (probably in HD). I bet that TVGN will be gone too, CBS owns half of it, and I bet they handle the distribution of it for their partner, that I think is Lionsgate.

Why argue with them. This is a pay network . Let them charge whatever they want. If the price is too much, the Dish customers can drop them.

Wrong !!! It really is about combos and free introductory offers. I pay $47( $2 increase in Nov.) for all four premium packages. 3 are $35. 2 are $28. 1 is from $14 to $19. So Dish must be getting them for some discount price of less than $11.75( 47/4) each. If Dish drops them they must reduce the cost of each customer with premium combos that include Showtime. I will go from 4 to 3 and my price needs to be reduced by $12 to $35 per month. If the Showtime price goes up too much, All the premium package combos will have to go up.

Why argue with them. This is a pay network . Let them charge whatever they want. If the price is too much, the Dish customers can drop them.

Wrong !!! It really is about combos and free introductory offers. I pay $47( $2 increase in Nov.) for all four premium packages. 3 are $35. 2 are $28. 1 is from $14 to $19. So Dish must be getting them for some discount price of less than $11.75( 47/4) each. If Dish drops them they must reduce the cost of each customer with premium combos that include Showtime. I will go from 4 to 3 and my price needs to be reduced by $12 to $35 per month. If the Showtime price goes up too much, All the premium package combos will have to go up.
Uh AEP just went up and will go up again in Feb Especially if Dish doesnt fight CBS....

I am sure they will be back. It will be interesting to see if Dish lights up Showtime Beyond and Extreme, and TMC Xtra in HD, and adds Showtime Women, Showtime Next, and Showtime FamilyZone. That could be the clincher, CBS is wanting Dish to add the other multiplexes, (probably in HD). I bet that TVGN will be gone too, CBS owns half of it, and I bet they handle the distribution of it for their partner, that I think is Lionsgate.

Sure they'll be back, but at what price. Personally I think all the premiums are well overpriced as it is. In the current price of SHO, which is identical to the current price at D*, we should already have all those other SHO channels in HD and have had access to Showtime Anytime.

This year we got an increase around the 1st of the year, then later the premiums all got price increases. That's 2 increases within the year and of course, next year we'll get another 'annual' increase around the 1st of the year.

IF they negotiate a contract with SHO/CBS/Turner that comes in at a higher price, then our costs go up. How much more 'up' does it have to go before we decide it isn't worth it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)