Showtime streaming?

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
So, if I understand the new Dish/CBS/Showtime deal, streaming rights are included, right? Anyone know when this might become a reality and whether it will apply to Roku, AFTV, etc.?

It's about time! The only premium channel I Haven't subscribed to as a dish customer in the past is Showtime. And that's only because no access to Showtime anytime. Showtime's exclusive series would make it worth it.

does anyone know (who has Showtime Anytime) If they offer every episode for all their series like HBO Go? Im dying to see Season 3-5 of Dexter i never got to watch any of them...

It is coming on December 12th at 4:39 am CST. Seriously, they JUST signed the agreement Friday night, it hasn't even been one business day yet, the ink still is not dry, give them a few weeks, good lord.
True, just glad that it's in the works. FWIW, when it's available may depend on how you want to stream it as well. The A&E deal has been done for months and although Dish has been added to the provider list on AFTV, AppleTV & XBox 360 it's still not listed for Roku. That said, selecting XBox 360 will authorize Roku just fine.

I remember reading somewhere in the press release that the showtime streaming would only be available in someone's home network. Meaning you could only watch it in your house? No i-pad or i-phone away from the house?

I remember reading somewhere in the press release that the showtime streaming would only be available in someone's home network. Meaning you could only watch it in your house? No i-pad or i-phone away from the house?
Probably because they assume that away from home you'd just go to the Showtime Anytime website and stream from there when away from home.

Reactions: Tampa8
does anyone know (who has Showtime Anytime) If they offer every episode for all their series like HBO Go? Im dying to see Season 3-5 of Dexter i never got to watch any of them...

I've got access through my Xfinitiy account. Looks like every season is available.

I've never tried to use it away from home as the Xfinity app lets you download shows from Showtime to the iPad.

It should be simple enough to get Showtime Anytime available to us Dish guys. It is part of the new contract, so it would be a simple matter of adding the Dish login stuff to SA I would think.

VOD would take longer I suppose, but it shouldn't be all that daunting either imo. Adding in the rest of the SHO HD channels is certainly something that should be pursued, maybe they could drop the Rock Polishing HD channel to make room? :)

I was too, until I starting looking for specific verbiage. I haven't even read the article though. Just the 100 copy and pastes of it on here and the dish forum

"The new multi-year agreement will keep CBS channels on Dish for the foreseeable future and gives Dish rights to video-on-demand content for Showtime."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts